JK vs JKU fenders.....are they interchangeable?

MNMudder

So I may quite possibly be trading my 12' JK 6spd in for a 13' auto. May have to have another leg operation and that will mean no more manuals for me. I told the dealer my JK would be back to stock config before we swapped. Instead of trying to find a set of used stock fenders and inners I though I would just swap my chopped fenders/inners with the ones on my JKU. This thought just occurred to me and the wife is out of town with hers so I can just go have a look. I've never really paid much attention to see if there were any differences between the two. Any body know off hand? Thanks!

jeeeep

Hooked
Don't know if there is a difference but you might contact some of the local shops and ask if they have any take-off you can haul away (free) or get really cheap.

Speeddmn

Pretty sure the fronts are good but the rears might be different. Also craigslist or local shops would be a good choice to find a set for cheap if not free.

MNMudder

They're the same.
Perfect, that's what I wanted to hear. There are not really any shops in my area and I need to have it done by Monday or Tuesday if I'm gonna do it, so trying to get something from net is out. Plus I really like the way my chopped fenders turned out. Dealer likes them too, but offered me full excellent trade value if I take it back to stock config.

Top Bottom