Weird warning lights behavior

jkmadness

Yesterday I was cruising about 40 MPH ,when suddenly the dash lit up like Xmas tree :eek:....ABS ,traction control,the red parking brake icon and the speedometer went down to 0MPH, 15 seconds later it all when away by itself,then 20 min down the road the same thing happened for 5 second and corrected itself.:thinking:
I did notice the second time around the time clock and the MPG reset themselves.
it never happened again all the way back home .

Anyone out there with the same warning light Paranormal Activity...Please Chime in:dont_know:

FrankenJeeper

My jeep started doing that a while back, and i noticed my battery terminals had some corrosion. I cleaned my battery terminals and snugged up the post clamps and it hasn't happened since.

2010 JKU Sport
1977 CJ5

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jkmadness

My jeep started doing that a while back, and i noticed my battery terminals had some corrosion. I cleaned my battery terminals and snugged up the post clamps and it hasn't happened since.

2010 JKU Sport
1977 CJ5

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thank you, Im gonna check them out

Benito

Caught the Bug
That was my moms old jeep, we took it to the dealership to get it checked, we left with my graduation present! The service people said they did, they said there was a loose ground wire in the engine bay. I hope they fixed it, they sold it to a man that had been looking for a used Sahara for a couple of weeks that night.

jkmadness

That was my moms old jeep, we took it to the dealership to get it checked, we left with my graduation present! The service people said they did, they said there was a loose ground wire in the engine bay. I hope they fixed it, they sold it to a man that had been looking for a used Sahara for a couple of weeks that night.

Thank you that's exactly what I thought it was... I'm gonna start looking

Benito

Caught the Bug
Thank you that's exactly what I thought it was... I'm gonna start looking

what year is your jeep?

i should also say that this wasn't the first time it had happened. i want to say that every 8,000 miles it would do this, we were already at 40k+, not specifically 8k but it would happen. It would behave like this for a day or two and then stop for a period of time. I had taken it to the dealership before to get it checked but they never found anything, this time when it happened i took some video so that i could show them what was happening.

jkmadness

what year is your jeep?

i should also say that this wasn't the first time it had happened. i want to say that every 8,000 miles it would do this, we were already at 40k+, not specifically 8k but it would happen. It would behave like this for a day or two and then stop for a period of time. I had taken it to the dealership before to get it checked but they never found anything, this time when it happened i took some video so that i could show them what was happening.
It's a 2012

jkmadness

Well ,a little more digging into it and few searches later seems like the culprit could be the clock spring wiring harness in the steering wheel and/or the steering wheel contronl buttons.
Did anyone have this done by the dealer with a sucessfull outcome?:thinking:

texasdave

Mine did something very similar after I first got it early last year. Did it 2 times within like 3 minutes, but never again after that.

2012 JK

Benito

Caught the Bug
In my old 2011 it would act up like this for a day and then not do it again for some time. My sisters 2008 jeep liberty does something like this every 5-6 months she says but only the lights nothing with the tach or speedometer though

jkmadness

CASE SOLVED at least mine,it was the positive terminal loose.
When i installed the winch i put the winch terminal over the stud that tightens the main post,that nut has a conical seat when tighten it separates the 2 pieces that makes the terminal snug.
So the winch positive cable prevented the nut from reaching all the way down (the nut was tight but the terminal loose)...Haven't had a problem ever since.:twocents:

Top Bottom