2007 jku rubicon starter problem??!!!

tanker

do you guys ever have a starter problem? let me explain, since a couple days i been experiencing some starter problems. I put the key in, turn it over and my jeep wont start, it sound like the relay engage,the engine turn 1/10 turn and shut off! i look over the internet and it look that i'm not the only one with this kind of trouble. is there any tsb by chrysler ???

10frank9

Web Wheeler
do you guys ever have a starter problem? let me explain, since a couple days i been experiencing some starter problems. I put the key in, turn it over and my jeep wont start, it sound like the relay engage,the engine turn 1/10 turn and shut off! i look over the internet and it look that i'm not the only one with this kind of trouble. is there any tsb by chrysler ???

No but with the age of your rig, it may just be in need of a new starter.

WhiteDynamite

Have your battery tested with a load. Even if it says ~12v on a multimeter it still may be bad. Any auto parts store can do this for you.

jeeeep

Hooked
if you still have your stock battery get it checked, most stock batteries don't last so long. definitely check your starter solenoid for loose wires and check all your cables for corrosion

tanker

ok i will telk you what i've already look at!!! just to informe you, a had a engine change in the last month for hydrolocking my old one so at first everything was really fine. but then it began to miss on the starter. We look at the starter, fine. selenoid replaced to be shure,fine. look at wiring,fine test the battery (optima yellow top) tested good. now i'm a little depressive because this morning it would not start even after cranking the key for 20 minutes. By the way my truck is an 07 jku rubicon automatic. any advice will be really appreciate!!

thanks

Top Bottom