Tire pressure problem

JKU EXTREME

Okay a few days ago (Friday) I put in air in three out of four of my tires, I got the front driverside tire up to 30 psi because the timer ran out on the air pump, by the time I get home it's at 26psi and today it reads 21psi, wtf I manually check the psi (I have a 2013 jk that(it reads the tire pressure)) and it was correct when it was 26psi, do you think I have a whole or something because it doesn't appear to be leaking anywhere that I've looked and it hasn't been punctured
What should I do?

Sent from JKU EXTREME from his Wayalife iPhone app

Charlie Mike

Get the hose. Drench the tire. And start looking for bubbles. I'd start there.

If you find bubbles. Get the plug kit out and go to town!

I have used windex because of the bubbles. Also look at you valve stem it might have a slow leak. Some of the air stations are not the best and can bend the valve core.

JKU EXTREME

No, not yet, but I'm going to take care of it with these suggestions

StrizzyChris

I always used the dishsoapy water in a spray bottle technique. It makes the bubbling more obvious with the soap. Never tried the windex system like mentioned above so not sure which works better.

MTG

Caught the Bug
A lot of tire places will fix a tire for free or very cheap. I'd just take it in. 👍

FoxC

Do you air down with a currie or arb deflator? If so, make sure your valve cores were tightened back properly. (Dont ask how I know...:naw:)

JKU EXTREME

Do you air down with a currie or arb deflator? If so, make sure your valve cores were tightened back properly. (Dont ask how I know...:naw:)

I have never deflates my tires the psi just started to drop and today one of the tires say 18psi

FoxC

As others have suggested, check the valve stems with soapy water and see if you get bubbles. Did you have new tires/tpms stems mounted recently...:thinking:

Top Bottom