Psi

PurpleHayes519

What do you all air down to on the trail? What about if you're only going to see mud, would you still air down? Does size of the tire and wheel/bead locks or not play a roll in how much you air down? I've heard someone say to air down to 8, but quite honestly the thought of that scares me. I'd rather get an opinion from all of you than Joe Schmoe down the street.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
What do you all air down to on the trail? What about if you're only going to see mud, would you still air down? Does size of the tire and wheel/bead locks or not play a roll in how much you air down? I've heard someone say to air down to 8, but quite honestly the thought of that scares me. I'd rather get an opinion from all of you than Joe Schmoe down the street.

i air down to 13-15 psi when im on the trail. i just feel comfortable there and its still a nice foot print for mud and the rocks

bob-o12jk

Banned
I'm running 37/12.50/17 BFG km2's on the stock rubi wheels and air down to 11psi for rock crawling
Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

StrizzyChris

lowert psi=tire molding and more traction in any offroad condition. Beadlocks and you can do the 4-6psi range and with standard wheels I would only go to 12-14psi(but others say 10 is safe(though I would never risk it). If you watch the pro mud boggers, their balloon tire sidewalls are all rippled under the torque and thats from airing down also.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I usually stayed around 12-15 on my stock wheels with 35s....now with beadlocks and 37s Ill prolly go a little lower, but always air down before hitting the trails

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Yeah I never go below 15 since I don't have bead locks. It just makes me uncomfortable to go any lower. You still get a much better footprint and ability to "wrap around" obstacles.

PurpleHayes519

Thanks everyone. I never was sure on how low is too low. I've been airing down to about 16-18, but now that I know I can go lower I will.

RodCyn

37/12.50/17, Goodyear MTR/K.
Due to the stiffness of the sidewall and after a lot of trial and error, I've found that I get the best ride/grip at 9 psi.
(These are with non-beadlock wheels)
So far, during the past couple of years or so, I've been fortunate not to break a bead. :sFun_hot:
This works for me, but I would not recommend this to anyone else. With 37's and non-beadlock, like someone else recommended, 12-14 psi is a good start.
You can see in this photo, how the rears look aired down :eek:

hm2s.jpg

"Clawhammer" http://youtu.be/gDfaoLp5eqA

Top Bottom