yet another 2.5 inch lift question

pcernuch

i read that the teraflex 2.5 coil lift will also level out the rake on the JK, but the budget boost will not. is anyone making a BB that will raise the front up to take out the rake? this JK will be lucky to see the sand on the beach once a month, so i figured i would like to save the $ and just get a BB vs and coil lift. thanks gents.

god bless.

JK1

first off welcome to the forum..... are you going to run bigger tires??? if not i think you would be good with a leveling kit even is you just went 33's you would be fine with a leveling kit to my knowlege...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Full Traction and a host of other companies make coil spacer kits that'll level out your lift. With all kits, the front spacers are just taller than the rear. Also, you need to know that the TeraFlex 2.5" spring lift will give you more like 3"+ of lift. How big of a tire are you hoping to run?

pcernuch

yessir. will be running 35's, never know when i may need to jump a curb or other dangerous manuvers dropping Jr off at school or heading to soccer practice :) jokes aside, i will be running 35's, truth be told i havent pulled the trigger on the jk purchase yet. im still stuck trying to decide between 2-4dr. its just my son 6.5yrs old. he must ride in a child seat until 8 which is only a yr and a half. so as of now im leaning towards the 2dr, but coming from a 4dr f150 i am wondering if i will miss all the extra room the 4drs afford me.

god bless.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
yessir. will be running 35's, never know when i may need to jump a curb or other dangerous manuvers dropping Jr off at school or heading to soccer practice :) jokes aside, i will be running 35's, truth be told i havent pulled the trigger on the jk purchase yet. im still stuck trying to decide between 2-4dr. its just my son 6.5yrs old. he must ride in a child seat until 8 which is only a yr and a half. so as of now im leaning towards the 2dr, but coming from a 4dr f150 i am wondering if i will miss all the extra room the 4drs afford me.

god bless.

Even if I were single, I would still get a 4-door. I've owned a 2-door JK and it sucks to get anything in and out of the back. Of course, all the extra room you get with a 4-door just can't be beat.

TriJeepV

god bless.

4dr all the way.:beer:

munstie

If your already used to the room, coming from a four door full size truck I would say go with the unlimited. Four doors and kids just make life easier.

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

Charlie Mike

god bless.

Another 4-door vote here. All the extra space comes in handy. 2-door has some Pro's as well, but I think the Pro's of the 4-door outweigh those of the 2-door

ssh6314

Having just bought a 2008 2 door in November. I can tell you 2 weeks ago. Having a kid. I took it to the dealer and traded up to a 2011 4 door. And ide never go back. The room. Even the look. (XJ kinda guy here) is better.

Sent from my EVO-3d using WAYALIFE app.

jeeeep

Hooked
I have the 4 door and have also owned 2 drs - really like the 4dr handling and all around ride better.

WHen I ride in my buddy's 2dr I'm really glad I have the 4dr, especially when it comes time to hit the trails for a few days - the extra room is so much better.

Top Bottom