Trimed fendors with 35's?

ssh6314

Would 35s and a 2.5 bb look terrible with flat fendors? I'm running 4.25 backspace atm with my 33" toyos. They stick almost 2 inches past the flare atm. And rub at full stuff. I plan on trimming, I like the look. And the stuff. Has anyone done this with this set up? Any pics? Just afraid of it looking like is on a lot of lift with small tires.

Sent from my EVO-3d using WAYALIFE app.

Attachments

• 1368480089295.jpg
    1368480089295.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 152
  • 1368480124816.jpg
    1368480124816.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 150

Napalm90

Exactly what wayalife said, also 2.5" is perfect lift for 35's, I wouldn't go any higher.

Sent via carrier pigeon

ssh6314

Awesome :) now. To trim the flares with 33's now. Or wait for the 35's :confused:

Dave_g

My buddy just trimmed with his worn out stock, 32" and a 2.5" lift. It looks alright, just more room, more motivation for bigger tires.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
As WOL said, it's the way to go. I ran 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers on a 2.5" Budget Boost on my 2-dr JK with chopped fenders. Great combo.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1368491914.629238.jpg

Now I'm running 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers on my Rubi, NO LIFT and chopped fenders. Will be ordering my lift (3" EVO Enforcer) soon.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1368491961.841531.jpg

MobyJR

Would 35s and a 2.5 bb look terrible with flat fendors? I'm running 4.25 backspace atm with my 33" toyos. They stick almost 2 inches past the flare atm. And rub at full stuff. I plan on trimming, I like the look. And the stuff. Has anyone done this with this set up? Any pics? Just afraid of it looking like is on a lot of lift with small tires.

That's what I'm running.
35" MTR's, 2.5" and flatties.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1368496127.403189.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1368496228.673051.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1368496272.524097.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1368496307.926520.jpg

I don't know exactly what my backspacing is like though because the wheels were kinda second hand. But they work! Just do the DIY stubby bumper mod listed on project-jk.com.

ssh6314

I don't know exactly what my backspacing is like though because the wheels were kinda second hand. But they work! Just do the DIY stubby bumper mod listed on project-jk.com.

The stubby cuts coming this weekend ;)

10frank9

Web Wheeler
How'd you like that bumper on your old jeep? Brown Santa has one in his truck coming to me right now :)

It was good, heavy, but the stinger is not welded into place very well. By that I mean if you hit something head on, rather than do work, it will fold back and become a vertical stinger. Before I sold it I was preparing to weld in some gussets. Now I am investing in either an LOD stinger or the EVO 1/4 pounder and stinger. Those both have gusseted stingers.

I say all that to say this, I was happy with the bumper especially the recessed winch mount. It does its job, and you will be happy with it. Just a FYI.

MobyJR

It was good, heavy, but the stinger is not welded into place very well. By that I mean if you hit something head on, rather than do work, it will fold back and become a vertical stinger. Before I sold it I was preparing to weld in some gussets. Now I am investing in either an LOD stinger or the EVO 1/4 pounder and stinger. Those both have gusseted stingers.

I say all that to say this, I was happy with the bumper especially the recessed winch mount. It does its job, and you will be happy with it. Just a FYI.

Thanks for the info. I've got a friend that can weld real good. Maybe he'll wanna gusset it for me for a pack of smokes :) the dudes gonna do my rosette welds on my sleeves, and my gussets (axles) just for fun. I can't wait to get back lol.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Thanks for the info. I've got a friend that can weld real good. Maybe he'll wanna gusset it for me for a pack of smokes :) the dudes gonna do my rosette welds on my sleeves, and my gussets (axles) just for fun. I can't wait to get back lol.

Sweet def have him gusset the Stinger.

Top Bottom