Kids camping?

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Looking for suggestions for places around So Cali to take the kids camping/fishing. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

10Frank9

DMFNJ24601

Anywhere in the Owens Valley really. Independence is beautiful, as is Lone Pine & Big Pine. Plenty of nice campgrounds and lots of places to go fishing. Plus tons of places to go wheelin and exploring and tons of shooting spots. If you are up there, stop in at Manzanar.

Markymark420

Check out the little town of Julian as well. Lake Cuyamaca is nearby for your fishing needs. If you head up there make sure to go into town and try their famous Apple Pie.

BONDSY

The place I have gone a couple years in a row now with friends would be Monache Meadows. We did a camping trip there last year and my wife & I took my then one yr. old son. We had a great time, a little cold at night but doable, there is a river to fish, and the meadows are huge. Camping is great and there are hikes too. Located northeast of Kernville, CA.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
BONDSY said:
The place I have gone a couple years in a row now with friends would be Monache Meadows. We did a camping trip there last year and my wife & I took my then one yr. old son. We had a great time, a little cold at night but doable, there is a river to fish, and the meadows are huge. Camping is great and there are hikes too. Located northeast of Kernville, CA.

Thanks. So I'm guessing that's in Nor Cal? Usually any town with a ville at the end is up north :)

Serg5000

10frank9 said:
Thanks. So I'm guessing that's in Nor Cal? Usually any town with a ville at the end is up north :)

Nope. It's just north of Lake Isabella. About an hour and a half from Palmdale.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Can't wait for se decent warm (consistent) weather in So Cali not used to having it rain once a week. Top off, top on, top off, top on :(

StrizzyChris

Im gonna revive this thread. I think i may take a few months off work and do a lot of camping this summer!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

Skid_Kid

We do the Idlywild area every 4th of July. Great area. We used to goto the Dark Canyon camp ground but I think it is still closed to repairs.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Get on 395 and head north until you hit Reno. Then give me a call and I'll take you to a wonderland of spots in the Sierras. ;)

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The cold weather right now is good for most fishing in So Cal. If you are interested in beach camping I know there is some in Carlsbad or you could go to Pismo Beach and hit the dunes and camp there. Or as others have said anywhere up the 395 or in and of the lakes in the Temecula area.

Top Bottom