Rear Upper Adjustable Control Arms

robx251

Caught the Bug
I just put in my new Adams driveshaft in the rear. now I need to get some upper control arms to get the pinion angle right. What brands do everyone use? I have a limited budget and looking at the Rough Country arms for about 180/pr but am open to suggestions also looking to see if anyone has any experience with these control arms and what everyone else uses.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, no experience with them but, so long as they're adjustable, they should get the job done. The biggest difference between control arms will be the joints used. Some are definitely better than others and more times than not, you get what you pay for.

1yellowjk

I can say without a doubt that I would NEVER buy a single item from them. I can't speak to their control arms, but if they are anything like the lift kits, shocks, springs, etc...I would stay away, no matter how cheap the price.

Beyrgut

I am going to add the Rock Krawlers sometime down the road to go with the lowers my kit came with. They cost a little more than the RC ones you are looking at but come with a life time warranty and are pretty beefy. I am yet to hear any complaints with their products.

Rock Krawler Rear Upper

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I just went to their website and gave their control arms a look and, to be honest, they don't look too bad. From what I can see, they use a bonded rubber bushing on one end and a spherical joint on the other. This is a better setup that polyurethane joints which are notorious for being squeaky.

I have been running an RC 3,5" lift for the past two years. After replacing two shocks and a coil it has still settled over two inches... I wouldn't waste my money on RC stuff again.

robx251

Caught the Bug
I can say without a doubt that I would NEVER buy a single item from them. I can't speak to their control arms, but if they are anything like the lift kits, shocks, springs, etc...I would stay away, no matter how cheap the price.

I hear ya on their springs being junk, and their shocks aren't the greatest either, although I do have their n2.2 kit in my jeep I did guy it with the knowlage that it will settle, intentionally ordering a lift bigger than my end goal. My end goal is 3-3.5 of lift, I ordered the 4" for the 4 door, gave me 5.5 our of the box, I can tell it has settled down about an inch or so since originally bought it. It was a cheap in. Also I have been extremely happy with the disconnects I have on the front sway bar. shocks I plan on doing with Fox Shox per axle as they go bad. I have always had a thing for them as they perform extremely well on my sled.

robx251

Caught the Bug
I just went to their website and gave their control arms a look and, to be honest, they don't look too bad. From what I can see, they use a bonded rubber bushing on one end and a spherical joint on the other. This is a better setup that polyurethane joints which are notorious for being squeaky.

That's what I thought, although with those arms being straight and pretty much every other set out on the market with the bend in them would that affect much or does it really matter?

EDIT: I called and they are bent. photo is a photo of lowers.

Last edited:

jkmadness

Are the correction wedges a must for the coils after adjusting the pinion angle on the rear axle?

robx251

Caught the Bug
Update: i ordered the rough country arms, installed them Friday. I'm honestly really happy with the quality of them. Tubes aster really big, threads are good size and really easy to install and adjust the length. The flex joint was really easy to install, will probably need to replace them every 25-30k depending on abuse.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1368998283190.jpg
    1368998283190.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 98

jkmadness

No, they are not a "must" and if anything, I would recommend a set of JKS adjustable lower spring perches over wedges.

Didn't even know those existed, that's great this way when i get HEIGHT FEVER :yup: and get taller coils i can adjust them.:thumb:

cis911

So my first set of adjustable control arms came from RC front lowers not bad arms pretty good price, I think the lowest but after a trip to Gulches I saw one of my joints "X-FLEX" had literally came apart lol the threaded washer was literally bent out of the joint. Oh well I called them and got the joint replaced. Now I have synergy rear uppers and rear lowers. You know why I love them? You can adjust them while they are on the jeep!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1380300310870.jpg
    1380300310870.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 1380300342827.jpg
    1380300342827.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 1380300355529.jpg
    1380300355529.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 39
Top Bottom