Should I go to a 3.5" lift from a 2.5" lift

bob-o12jk

Banned
Hello, I would like to have some opinions please. This guy wants to trade me his 3.5" rk coils for my 2.5" rk coils, he has a 2dr and I have a 4dr.
I currently have a 2.5" rk lift with bilsteins for a 4" lift up front, 2" rear, stock ca's spring retainers, body lift and much more on 37's. Here are some pics(sorry they aren't good, I took them at 3am while at work lol)
1368628602289.jpg 1368628613616.jpg 1368628625131.jpg
1368629353981.jpg
So my question is, would it be worth it to swap out my 2.5's for the 3.5's,remove body lift and sell it, buy adj. control arms, drag link flip, and so on.
Or should I just leave it how it is and get EVO bolt-on coilovers later. Thank you
Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you're already saving for bolt on coil overs, I would just hold out for them. Your rig looks like its already performing well as is. :yup:

TrailBear

If the 3.5" is coming out of a two door you won't be gaining to much they are to light for your four door, save your money and wait.

If you don't push the limits how do you find them??

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
If you're already saving for bolt on coil overs, I would just hold out for them. Your rig looks like its already performing well as is. :yup:

I would do this. Your not going to get much for a used body lift and control arms get expensive. I would keep saving your pennies for the bolt ons.

If the 3.5" is coming out of a two door you won't be gaining to much they are to light for your four door, save your money and wait.

If you don't push the limits how do you find them??

Not so true. Most lifts are measured for 4 doors and I am willing to bet the 2 door has more then 3.5" of lift.

bob-o12jk

Banned
I would do this. Your not going to get much for a used body lift and control arms get expensive. I would keep saving your pennies for the bolt ons.

Not so true. Most lifts are measured for 4 doors and I am willing to bet the 2 door has more then 3.5" of lift.

Ya exactly, the guy said he netted 5" of lift

bob-o12jk

Banned

Ok I will just leave my rig how it is until my jeep can evovle. I already have 11.5" of travel in the front now which I think is pretty good

rtguy1

Your rig was working well on the trail this weekend. I prefer the ride height you have versus any taller. Plenty of articulation. Rock what you have until you decide to go coilover. :yup:

bob-o12jk

Banned
Your rig was working well on the trail this weekend. I prefer the ride height you have versus any taller. Plenty of articulation. Rock what you have until you decide to go coilover. :yup:

Thanks Matthew! I appreciate it :)

suicideking

If you're getting them for free, I would do it unless you have plans to add the coilovers SOON. Seems like 3.5" would be better for 37's anyway.

I just did pretty much the same thing. Traded my RK max travel 2.5" springs for Evo 4" springs. We swapped them in my driveway. I don't have plans to change anything else on my lift anytime soon though.

Top Bottom