Doorless with hardtop still installed damage

marshrat

Is was wondering if there could be hardtop damage if I'm driving Doorless with the hardtop still installed at highway speeds, etc. I have been receiving mixed signals. Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nope I've done it I've gone 95 doorless with the hard top in and I've been doorless with the freedom tops off but only up to 50 I have an 07

JK1

this is what the vent is for behind your tire on the back door so it lets air thru to stop air hammer or pressure build up in the cab....i could be completely wrong on this but it makes sense lol:D

Napalm90

Nope, I did it when I first got my jeep in 32 degree weather back in February, tis fine

Sent via carrier pigeon

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
this is what the vent is for behind your tire on the back door so it lets air thru to stop air hammer or pressure build up in the cab....i could be completely wrong on this but it makes sense lol:D

Actually, all modern cars/trucks have vents like this to help evacuate air inside the cabin in the event your air bags deploy. :cool:

mgmavant

I've been doing that for the past five years with no issues at all - I also wheel like that in the fall/winter. Soft top usually goes on apr/may. The nice thing about the freedom top is that with the doors and the front panels off (if you have an unlimited) is that it's pretty darn close to being topless - at least to the driver and the front passenger.

BlackKnight

Actually, all modern cars/trucks have vents like this to help evacuate air inside the cabin in the event your air bags deploy. :cool:

Yep, Imagine if the airbags deploying in a sealed vehicle. it would be like adding 10 cubic feet of volume of air into the vehicle insice of several microseconds of time. the pressure wave would rupture eardrums and punch out he windows of the vehicle..

marshrat

Thanks for all the good info. Getting ready to take doors off!

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom