Best Kit to Keep it Low w/ 35's

TRAMjam

The original plan for my '13 2-door Sport was to go with the Enforcer 3", but seeing as I am not quite ready to upgrade axles and driveshafts etc. I was wondering what some good suspension kits to get would be. I really like the idea of staying low somewhat like Vengeance (minus the stretching). I still want to run 35's and will be trimming the fenders. Down the line I'm thinking coilovers possibly so not really trying to break the bank quite yet. Being a DD the on-road ride is quite important.

I know there are tons of budget boosts but especially want to upgrade shocks and springs. I have seen a lot of people running the Teraflex 2.5 but that kit seems to make 35s look tiny. All opinions suggestions are appreciated. Thanks for the help guys.

RockyJk

On 2 doors you can get stock springs off 4 door rubi's and it will give u a cheap boost different people get different amounts of boost of em on mine it gave me about an inch all around

OJK12

Maybe you should just wait till you get the cash for what you really want cause most spring kits are going to give you quite a boost in lift. That or maybe don't trim the fender flares so the gap isn't quite so big between the tires and flares. If your not gonna load your jeep with heavy bumpers and tire carrier and armor I would just go with a Budget boost. The stock springs will be fine with that until you get all the other goodies.

ilikeguns

If you want to conserve as much of your funds as possible, stay low and run 35s, I'd go with a leveling kit (with trimmed flares) until you get it right. I have a 4dr with 35s and a leveling kit and my main issue is getting high centered due to the long wheelbase.. I will eventually go for the metal cloak 3.5" lift and 6 pack shocks because it seems like the best compromise between the über high end coilovers and the more traditional lifts.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Any budget boost will fit your needs. There all basically the same unless you get coils. But at 2.5 it really doesn't matter. You can fit 35's stock so if you pick up some spacers you will have more then enough room.

i have been looking at many many lifts for my 2012 2door. everything i have owned in the past was lifted 4" or hire. after talking to some very smart people on wayalife and some more of my own research at the parts store i work at, i think i narrowed my choice to a sky jacker 2.5 or 3.5 spring lift with flex arms.

they seem to be, and please correct me anyone if im wrong, one of the only ones that have a kit that gives you the springs, shocks, flex arms, SB disconnects, and the track bar relocator brackets and braces for the track bars. and they give you the option to get all 4 arms or just the lower ones.

i seen 3 jeeps in my town with this combo running 35's. to look at them you would swear they had 4" or higher lift. they all say thet tackle more stuff with that set-up than they did with bigger lifts on the older jeeps.

blakeaz33

I just did mine with the TF BB with the 35's, spent the $ I saved on a short arm kit on 4.88's and really happy with it so far, came with the shock extensions so still using the stock shocks but installed longer brake lines.

Attachments

• Jk Lift.jpg
    Jk Lift.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 362

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i have been looking at many many lifts for my 2012 2door. everything i have owned in the past was lifted 4" or hire. after talking to some very smart people on wayalife and some more of my own research at the parts store i work at, i think i narrowed my choice to a sky jacker 2.5 or 3.5 spring lift with flex arms.

they seem to be, and please correct me anyone if im wrong, one of the only ones that have a kit that gives you the springs, shocks, flex arms, SB disconnects, and the track bar relocator brackets and braces for the track bars. and they give you the option to get all 4 arms or just the lower ones.

i seen 3 jeeps in my town with this combo running 35's. to look at them you would swear they had 4" or higher lift. they all say thet tackle more stuff with that set-up than they did with bigger lifts on the older jeeps.

The only problem with skyjackers 2.5 lift is that's for a 4 door. It says for a 2 door you will get about 3-3.5 in of lift. I went with there 2" BB lift and I like it. I have 32"s on now but I'm sure 35's will fit

Sent from my iPhone

Irish Bullfrog

Due to timing on my lift install, I ran 35's on a STOCK jeep for two weeks with zero rubbing on moderate trails... The tires were ready and I simply couldn't wait to get them on before my lift... I cut my fenders and trimmed my pinch seam.... Good to go... A BB isn't a bad idea at all but it is totally possible to do without a lift.. I am sitting on a 4" lift now, but here is a pic before the lift... ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1368672668.397580.jpg

suicideking

Depends really on how much wheeling you plan to do with it and for how long. You will get the height you need, but it's not going to handle very well. You get what you pay for...

I ran an RK 2.5 lift with 35's for a while. I had to get flat fenders and chop the front bumper, but you won't need axles like mentioned in the OP. That's a weight issue with the wheels, not related to height. That's really only if your going 37+.

You're not really supposed to do 35's on a D30, but many get away with it with proper reinforcement.

1yellowjk

You're not really supposed to do 35's on a D30, but many get away with it with proper reinforcement.

Since when? I ran 35's on my JKU D30 and wheeled the hell out of it, no problems besides the ball joints, and I'm running 35's on my current D30 and have gotten airborne in it, no problems.

You will be fine to run 35's on your axle, if your scared you can weld in some supports, but you should be just fine.

seanb123

Go with the RK 2.5 the stock mod or Max travel whatever's in the budget they give more than 2.5 but my drive shafts are fine. You will most likely need the exhaust spacer for the 13 but that's not a big deal

image-3612103040.jpg

That's the RK 2.5 with 35s

seanb123

I have the teraflex 2.5 coil lift with bilstein 5100s....here it was with stock fenders and 35s

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67956300@N03/8539715396/
snowjeep by .:hinrichs:., on Flickr

35s and flat fenders which made them tires look small to me

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67956300@N03/8571598691/
half doors 2 by .:hinrichs:., on Flickr

and now on 37s...all same lift

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67956300@N03/8744603410/
beadlocks by .:hinrichs:., on Flickr

Showoff lol

TRAMjam

I know but just showing how much a 2.5" changes in looks when flats added....then again i dont really know how much actual lift you get with the teraflex 2.5

I really like your rig man but I have no real intentions at this point at going bigger than 35s. And I really just like the looks of the trimmed fenders. I think I might go with a happy medium of the Rancho 2" BB to hold me over till I'm ready to do serious upgrades

Top Bottom