37x1250R17 Nitto Trail Grapplers
EVO Rock Sliders
EVO Rock Skins
Chopped Fenders
Warn 9,500lb Winch
Viking Synthetic Line
Rancho Oil Pan Skid

So this is where you guys come in...
The AEV Bumpers that are currently on it have to go.
The front is lacking in support and provides a poor approach angle.
The back is decent; I'm concerned with how near it is to the rear tire.
I would like to use a rear tire carrier similar to EVO but I am hesitant that it
may take away from the MW3. Any suggestions or ideas to make
this build more trail worthy feel free to comment. Thanks, Tim

Attachments

• DSC05798.jpg
    DSC05798.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 77

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, I would save your money and skip the Speed Bumps. For what they are and what little they do, they are so not worth it - trust me, I speak from experience here. Regarding the TF draglink flip kit, I might recommend the EVO kit instead as it has the track bar relocation bracket installed on the axle as opposed to the frame. This is a better setup that keeps both the track bar and the drag link together as they are stock. It's a shame that you have to get rid of your bumper as it is nice but, if you plan on using your Jeep, it is something that will get in the way. Aside from that, it seems to me that you did your homework well. :cool:

Berzerker

Supporting Advertiser TrailJeeps
Thanks Eddie, Im glad you told me that about the speed bumps and the drag link. I am for the most part just trying to learn from my failures with the last jeep. I am Trying to do it right this time and I would rather people with real world experience guide me than a salesman with his eye on a fat commission. You were right by the way, I love the 2012!

Thanks again, Tim

Tim

Can't wait to see that JK as it progresses with your build.

Last edited:

2012jkfng702

Keep posting, can't wait to see the progression. I'd definitely Do the drag link sooner than later, I have already put a slight bend in mine and it's only 5 months old. I'm gonna investigate the EVO option now.

Berzerker

Supporting Advertiser TrailJeeps
Ok guys, I priced out my build with all the parts and came up with $17232.00. While I have the money to do it. It would consume all of my savings and I haven't accounted for labor. Also i have not taken in to consideration re gearing for 37's on a 2012 auto. I think im going to wait until I hit the work force in full swing again, then get the new evo kit. Sorry to disappoint but im a little concerned with me getting out of the military and the future being so uncertain.

Tim

gotta have priorities man. Kudos to ya for not blowing your whole savings. A slow build is better anyway, if you rush through it and do everything you want you'll just want to start over with a new build :D

iellouis

Berzerker said:
Ok guys, I priced out my build with all the parts and came up with $17232.00. While I have the money to do it. It would consume all of my savings and I haven't accounted for labor. Also i have not taken in to consideration re gearing for 37's on a 2012 auto. I think im going to wait until I hit the work force in full swing again, then get the new evo kit. Sorry to disappoint but im a little concerned with me getting out of the military and the future being so uncertain.

It's better to take your time and have it done right!

Top Bottom