Tie rod and drag link alignment help!

GulfCoastJeeper

Ok so I replaced my drag link and tie rod ends today on a Carolina metal masters system. Lets just say my steering wheel got turned during all of this. :/ my question is can I remove the drag link end opposite the Pitman arm , set the toe in and then afterwards re attach the drag link and center the steering wheel via the drag link per usual. The main thing I don't know is where the stock angle of the pitman arm should be. Right now it seems to be pointed a lot towards the drivers side with the steering wheel close to center leaving me to think I may be a full rotation off.

Tcdawg

If you don't mind taking the DL off at the Pittman arm you could turn the wheel all the way driver, then turn all the way passenger while counting full steering wheel turns. Then go back driver for half the turns. That should get you close.

rinkishjk

Does anyone have a picture or a base idea of how the pitman arm is oriented when the wheels are straight?

If everything is correct, your pitman arm should be just inside or under the driver side frame rail. More towards the inside than under it.

Attachments

• 1368809030171.jpg
    1368809030171.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 1368809045565.jpg
    1368809045565.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 51
Top Bottom