Need tips on easiest way to remove/replace front springs

dgriz

I have a new set of front springs I want to put on this weekend in my driveway. I have all the wrenches and sockets I'll need plus a floor jack and a couple of jack stands. Will these be enough or will I need anything else?

The JSPEC lift I have was put on in a shop that had a lift and help from the shop owner and a friend of mine. This time I'm probably doing it alone so I hope I remember what needs to be unbolted for the axle to drop enough to remove the springs. Maybe someone could remind me and offer a few tips? Thanks!

munstie

You'll wanna disconnect the sway bar and lower shock bolts, and let the axle droop.

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

StrizzyChris

You'll wanna disconnect the sway bar and lower shock bolts, and let the axle droop.

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

This is exactly what I did just two days ago when I placed my coil spacers. Super easy to do. When you're done, just tighten them down to (I believe)75lb torque

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I did my fronts and added rubi springs was super easy discounted sway bar and shocks and loosen the brake line bracket and down it went.:thumbup:

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

Strizzychris, did you put the spacer between the coil spring and the stock rubber isolator or spring isolator and spacer?

Tackerdown

Banned
Lol I better go out and loosen my shock to 56 :cheesy: I knew the sways were 75 and thought the shocks were the same :doh:

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

Lol there are so Damn many different torch spec in my head any more I get confused every time I do something on my jeep. Thanks Eddie for the torch specs in the noob section .

EVO 4G WAYALIFE.

dgriz

Just dropping the axle didn't allow the springs to clear the bump stops so I ended up borrowing some spring compressors. Of course, after I got them out 1.5 hours later, I realized I could have fit a socket in there and removed the bump stops and they would have come right out without the compressors... DOH! Well, I removed the bump stops, slid them into the new springs and then put both into place together. This will be a breeze the next time I want to replace springs... :doh:

Top Bottom