Evo Rails - How long?

suicideking

If anyone received Evo rails somewhat recently, how long did it take you to get them?

When I ordered, I was told wait time was 3 weeks. Sure enough, almost 7 weeks later and no ETA. :doh:

suicideking

Thanks for the replies.

Yeah, I plan on waiting, just wondering how long. I'm at 7 weeks and they will be powder coated by Evo. So hopefully soon.

ARE THEY HERE YET?? :crazyeyes:

rtguy1

I'm extremely happy with my evo rails. I thought the ace rails(no offense to anyone who owns any of these) I had were sturdy, but they don't compare. They took a few hits but would flex fairly easily, even when stepping or standing on them. These evo rails don't budge AT ALL and are much better. They have already taken some solid hits and no issues. I had them build mine angled out a bit for a better stepping surface. I think the extra angle actually helps with the protection as well. Gives a bit more clearance between the body and obstacles that hit against the outside edge. They also built them to a custom length to ensure my evo stretch skins were completely protected, which also required custom mounting/welding for the rear post. Can't ask for more. I doubt I could have got that from any of the other big companies. You will be very pleased with them suicideking EVO FTW:rock:

borracho

I'm extremely happy with my evo rails. I thought the ace rails(no offense to anyone who owns any of these) I had were sturdy, but they don't compare. They took a few hits but would flex fairly easily, even when stepping or standing on them. These evo rails don't budge AT ALL and are much better. They have already taken some solid hits and no issues. I had them build mine angled out a bit for a better stepping surface. I think the extra angle actually helps with the protection as well. Gives a bit more clearance between the body and obstacles that hit against the outside edge. They also built them to a custom length to ensure my evo stretch skins were completely protected, which also required custom mounting/welding for the rear post. Can't ask for more. I doubt I could have got that from any of the other big companies. You will be very pleased with them suicideking EVO FTW:rock:

Would you mind posting a pic of them? I ordered mine earlier this month and specified that I'd like to have them angled out as well. Getting anxious to see what they look like!!

borracho

Nice. Cant wait to get them in! It'll help both my gf and mom get in/out. Did you have them powder coated when you ordered them or take it some where local? ...or is it rattle canned? Either way they look awesome!

mine were powder coated by EVO (or whomever they use) touch-up though done by AP-Designz in rancho cucamonga :rolleyes:

andrew -

Last edited:

rtguy1

Nice. Cant wait to get them in! It'll help both my gf and mom get in/out. Did you have them powder coated when you ordered them or take it some where local? ...or is it rattle canned? Either way they look awesome!

Evo had them coated since they were doing the install. The coating is well done. I have a local guy that does everything else for me though.

suicideking

Sure enough, they arrived today!! Hopefully getting them installed next week. :thumb:

I did also get the custom bend. My wife insisted for herself and the kids (2 and 4 + 1 more due in November...) I'll admit I really like having a step too now that I have 4" of lift and my knees have seen better days.

Funny you should mention the Ace -- these will be replacing my Ace + Rubi rails. The main thing that bothers me about the Ace is loss of ground clearance. With the Ace, you will ALWAYS be on your rails. Other than that, I don't have any complaints about them. I like using them as a step. Plus in combination with the Rubi rails, they have done their job for almost a year and a half.

Some pics I took of the Evo rails in both positions (bend and no bend). I'll post pics of mine as soon as they're installed.

Attachments

• Evo2 10.jpg
    Evo2 10.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 121
  • Evo5 10.jpg
    Evo5 10.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 124

suicideking

So got them installed Thrusday and they look REALLY nice! Very happy with them.

this is a pic of the EVO sliders at the low step angle.

View attachment 30741

andrew -

They're like this with the angle for the step.

One question I have now:
Referring to whatever the area is called where the bolt holes for the OEM rubi rails go (below the doors) --

Does there need to be any space between where the attachment bar goes and that area? On the passenger side I can fit my hand in between that area. On the driver side, the last bar that wraps under is practically touching that area below where the rubi rails attach. I was thinking with any kind of flex, that could crush the thin metal down there.

I just want to make sure before I go wheeling it that it's not going to be a problem. I'm doing the hardest trail for BBFF: doing Motino Wash (it's not officially on the list)

I can provide pics if needed.

Last edited:

CajunJK

Doesn't really answer your question because I haven't received mine yet as I just ordered them today BUT I was told 3-4 weeks.

onbelay

Ordered on May 15th and told 3-4 weeks (since we are getting the custom angle). My husband called last week and asked for an ETA. The answer was "3-4 weeks." We were 14th in line at that point. :idontknow:

I recently saw a JK in front of ORE with the angle, stepped on them, and was happy to see that they worked very well. The only downside is that the Evo logo can't really be seen. :(

On another note, my husband was very much set on a competitor's product (hint: bolts to frame) because he thought they looked better and would serve better as a step. We saw a set of those on a Jeep parked literally in the next space, and got a side-by-side comparison. Actually, there was no comparison...so we don't mind the wait anymore haha!

Top Bottom