water in oil

desertrunner

today out on the trail i got stuck in a water crossing stalled it but didnt put the clutch in so i should be good to go there. after my buddy pulled me out my jeep wouldnt start. My electronics were going nuts so i figured maybe water got on some censer. We let it dry out for a while and still the electronics were going haywire and car still wouldnt start i got a sharp click noise and the battery was fully charged but it didnt even act like it was trying to turn over.
after we towed it back into town and into a parking lot i noticed a spot of oil under it. climbed down there to check out what it was and it looks like somewhere right in between the oil pan and transmission there is a leak that is now spitting out about half and half oil and water. i have a home made CAI and the air filter is pretty exposed, the water didnt even come up to my rails so i know it wasnt deep enough to submerge my intake but maybe some got sucked up in there on the initial plunge.
So any ideas on what i did to get water in my oil and now leaking out of what im pretty sure my oil pan gasket and better question WTF do i do to fix it?

desertrunner

welp had a 4x4 shop take a look at it pulled the plugs drained all the water and its toast, havent pulled it apart yet but most likely some bent connecting rods bend crank or cracked block :doh:
look like its time to shop around for shop around for a V8 it throw in it :rock: breaking stuff is all part of the jeep game and is a great excuse to upgrade right! :clap2:
lesson learned take water crossings a little slower next time i was only in about knee deep water just hit it too fast and sucked water up into the intake
my only regret.... not getting pictures of it in the middle of the pond haha ;)

jeeeep

Hooked
V8! nice attitude over the damage - when we play, it happens :thumb:
Take a look at the 5.3LS swap - weighs about the same as stock - WOL started the bug that has me planning one over the summer :beer:

RockyJk

welp had a 4x4 shop take a look at it pulled the plugs drained all the water and its toast, havent pulled it apart yet but most likely some bent connecting rods bend crank or cracked block :doh:
look like its time to shop around for shop around for a V8 it throw in it :rock: breaking stuff is all part of the jeep game and is a great excuse to upgrade right! :clap2:
lesson learned take water crossings a little slower next time i was only in about knee deep water just hit it too fast and sucked water up into the intake
my only regret.... not getting pictures of it in the middle of the pond haha ;)

That would of been a sweet pic :thumbup::cool: lol good luck with your v8 swap

desertrunner

V8! nice attitude over the damage - when we play, it happens :thumb:
Take a look at the 5.3LS swap - weighs about the same as stock - WOL started the bug that has me planning one over the summer :beer:

exactly, no one was hurt, we got it towed back to town safe its just gonna take money to fix gotta look on the bright side right and now i have an excuse to look for a v8 hahaha

desertrunner

That would of been a sweet pic :thumbup::cool: lol good luck with your v8 swap

I know im kicking myself for not getting a picture of it
i have one of my buddies XJ pulling it on the road (he was so proud he was pulling out a JK :cheesy:) but thats it

RockyJk

I know im kicking myself for not getting a picture of it
i have one of my buddies XJ pulling it on the road (he was so proud he was pulling out a JK :cheesy:) but thats it

Lol my lil brother has a Toyota pickup and he was so proud when he pulled my jk after getting it high centered haha it was funny

desertrunner

well unfortunately the v8 swap idea didnt work out the funds just werent available at the right time but luckily USAA takes great care of their people and covered me under "flood" damages and they hooked me up with a used 3.8 out of a totaled jk that only had 15k on the odometer so $200 for my deductible and a week later the guys at predator 4wd here in colorado springs got all the work done and my jeep is back to the way it was
learned my lesson the hard way but ultimately a painless experience to get it back on the trails

Top Bottom