1 millionth JK rolls off the line in Toledo 5/17/2013

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
I think this answers the question of what happens to JK owners when the new Wrangler makes its appearance. There are soon to be a milion of us. We're not going anywhere, 'cept maybe to the trails.:thumb:

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I would have never guessed that, 1 million JKs. That's awesome. I'm not just about JKs, I love all Jeeps in general, but 1 million JKs produced just goes to show the demand for this great generation of Wranglers. Overall, my JK has been my favorite Jeep to own hands down. Cant wait to see what they come up with next!! :thumb:

Beyrgut

I would have never guessed that, 1 million JKs. That's awesome. I'm not just about JKs, I love all Jeeps in general, but 1 million JKs produced just goes to show the demand for this great generation of Wranglers. Overall, my JK has been my favorite Jeep to own hands down. Cant wait to see what they come up with next!! :thumb:

It's been my favorite overall vehicle with my 07 Trailblazer SS being a very close 2nd. At least until I get all my mods done then the TBSS will be a distant 2nd. Damn now I want the TBSS engine in my JK, wouldn't that be sweet.

Speeddmn

Is this the 1 millionth Wrangler or is it the 1 Millionth JK?

I think it the 1000000th Wrangler not JK.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Yup. JK, not wrangler. Chrysler can barely keep up with the demand for these things.

CJ2A - 214202
CJ3A - 131843
CJ3B - 155494
M38 - 1423
M38A1 - 101488
M170 - 5881
CJ5 - 603303
CJ6 - 50172
DJ3A - 13606
CJ5A - 7394
CJ6A - 459
DJ5A -4305
DJ6A - 4353
C101 - 77543
CJ7 - 379299
CJ8 - 27792
YJ - 632,231
TJ/LJ - 603,303
JK - 1,000,000 as of 5/17/2013 11am

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
With all the "sky is falling" atmosphere in the auto industry it's a good problem to have.

Chrysler is still a crap company, badly managed (lets see how they do now with Fiat in control,) and it produces terrible vehicles that are completely uncompetitive both in quality and in performance. Jeep is their one line that produces products the public actually likes, and even that isn't for the full line....it's only the Wrangler and the GC that are really in demand. Besides those two, and MAYBE the Challenger, no Chrysler product interests most vehicle shoppers.

BTW, the bad management even today can be seen, by the idiot that thought it would be a good idea to test run the diesel engine in the GC instead of the Wrangler.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Chrysler is still a crap company, badly managed (lets see how they do now with Fiat in control,) and it produces terrible vehicles that are completely uncompetitive both in quality and in performance. Jeep is their one line that produces products the public actually likes, and even that isn't for the full line....it's only the Wrangler and the GC that are really in demand. Besides those two, and MAYBE the Challenger, no Chrysler product interests most vehicle shoppers.

BTW, the bad management even today can be seen, by the idiot that thought it would be a good idea to test run the diesel engine in the GC instead of the Wrangler.

This was the second time Chrysler BK'd. There is a reason for it. Chrysler has always enjoyed a reputation for good engineering and crappy build quality. Lee Iacocca wrote extensively in his book about the quality of the cars they built. There were lots coming off the line that never should have been shipped to the dealers. The good news is Ram Trucks are beginning to make a move, the cars ('cept the Challenger) don't interest me, and the mini-vans not at all. Hey, I've got my JK and there's lots of cool old iron out there if Fiat really falls on its ass.

"If it ain't broke, we better re-engineer it, 'cause it ain't complicated enough!"

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
This was the second time Chrysler BK'd. There is a reason for it. Chrysler has always enjoyed a reputation for good engineering and crappy build quality. Lee Iacocca wrote extensively in his book about the quality of the cars they built. There were lots coming off the line that never should have been shipped to the dealers. The good news is Ram Trucks are beginning to make a move, the cars ('cept the Challenger) don't interest me, and the mini-vans not at all. Hey, I've got my JK and there's lots of cool old iron out there if Fiat really falls on its ass.

"If it ain't broke, we better re-engineer it, 'cause it ain't complicated enough!"

Agreed. Even the vehicles we do like (ie JK and GC) have plenty of room for improvement. Take the JK for instance. If it was owned and built by Toyota, you can bet your bottom dollar rust would not be a serious issue like it is on a JK and neither would leaks. Chrysler still has a "that'll do" attitude, and it shows in their vehicles, including the JK. The saving grace for the Jeep line is that they are so good at other things that we are willing to accept their shortfalls. GM and Chrysler just have really poor upper management. It is almost as if some decisions are made by suits that know absolutely nothing about cars.

Top Bottom