Newbie intro with questions!!

woodbilly

Hello all! I just purchased a 2005 Jeep Wrangler Sport and am looking forward to being a Jeep owner and forum member.
The only issue with my new Jeep is the dash indicator light is not working. I ran a pre start diagnostics and the "4WD" indicator lights up, but it does not after starting and shifting into 4H/4L. The transfer case is engaging, but no lights on dash are. I have read of a sensor or plug on the side of transfer case that could be the issue. Any insight on this appreciated. BTW- I also have no washer fluid pump action. Is this fuse operated? I hear zero motor noise when dash button is pushed and/or when column stalk is activated. Thanks again!!!
:rock:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
welcome to wayalife! :standing wave:

regarding your indicator light, could just be a gummed up switch especially if it comes on and then goes off. either way, i have little doubt that when you shift into 4wd, it will be in 4wd with or without the light. regarding your washer, i would definitely check the fuse for it.

woodbilly

welcome to wayalife! :standing wave:

regarding your indicator light, could just be a gummed up switch especially if it comes on and then goes off. either way, i have little doubt that when you shift into 4wd, it will be in 4wd with or without the light. regarding your washer, i would definitely check the fuse for it.
Regarding the transfer case switch, is this visible on the side of the case and is it on pass or drivers side? BTW- It only lit up when I did the pre start check (hold trip indicator knob in and turn key to acc, then release knob) It does not light up any time after that (when 4H and /or 4L engaged) and the "front lock" and "rear lock" indicators next to it, don't light at all during diagnostics check, only the"4WD' light. Thanks!!:)

Last edited:
Top Bottom