Auto trans not shifting into 5th

SDG

Caught the Bug
So here is the back story:

So I am cruising home tonight after work (cruising is more of a joke in friday traffic) at about 15-25 for 20 min and was coasting when the trans downshifted abruptly and somewhat harshly which i thought was kinda odd but only did it 1x and then was behaving normally...

So about 10 min later the traffic let up as i passed the accident and I sped up to 70ish for a little bit, and had the radio cranking not really paying too much attention, and I let off the gas and noticed the i was decelerating quite quickly, and when I looked at the RPM's they were around 4-5k... so I assume I was in 4th. So i slowed down to about 55 and then sped back up watching the RPM's to see when it would shift and it never did. I tried to go into autostick and it would switch over, so I got off the freeway and took the back-roads home which only have a 25 speed limit. I noticed when I stopped and then started again that it was sluggish like it was still in 2nd... and just felt like it was driving really oddly.

Got to my moms house and decided to leave it there till I can take it to the dealer tomorrow. I let it sit about 20 min while I played with my dog, and restarted it and tried to engage the autostick and it worked fine...

So not sure if anyone has heard of this issue before?

Its a '13 JKUR with 4k miles on it at the moment.

SDG

Caught the Bug
Took it in to the dealer this morning and they said they probably wouldnt have a chance to check it out till Monday... Will update once I find out what they say.

SDG

Caught the Bug
Well they had a chance to take a look at it and said they hooked it up to the computer and it was not throwing any codes, popped it up on the lift and everything looked fine, and took it for a test drive and didnt observe anything.

So it went about how I was imagining it. Its only happened to me 1x, so I guess I will keep an eye on it. I picked it up this afternoon and when I took it to the grocery store later on I was driving up a slight hill at a steady speed, and it upshifted for a half second and then downshifted again giving a nice lurch forward and back. So I guess I will just keep driving it till it gets worse when they really have something to fix.

But wasnt all bad, got a free oil change and car wash out of it, so cant complain too much.

SDG

Caught the Bug
Update from 2nd trip to the dealer: took it for a test drive with a tech and it did the quick upshift downshift thing while he was driving. Also showed them a video of when it was stuck in 3rd gear. The checked for codes even though the check engine lite never came on and fount 2 codes in the memory.
P0732 - Gear Ratio Error In 2nd
U0001 - Can C Bus

They put a call into Chrysler, opened up a service ticket and are still waiting to hear back from them. They are thinking from the combo of those 2 codes that the computer may be losing communication with the trans. Will update once they have a solution.

SDG

Caught the Bug
Well the dealer called today and said that after talking to Chrysler they were told to replace the transmission valve body. It is supposed to be ready for pickup tomorrow, so I guess we will see if that worked or not!

paramount_performance_valve_body.jpg

SDG

Caught the Bug
Well a few weeks later now... and FAIL... got stuck in 3rd again, still shifting like shit...

Still have the same 2 problems and a new one.

#1 gets stuck in 3rd
#2 when it shifts from 2nd to 3rd it stays out of gear too long and the rpms keep rising then it goes onto gear and lurches forward
#3 will upshift to 2nd for no reason for a half second and then downshift back to 3rd

Called the service manager and am bringing it back for the 3rd time tuesday.

dude-your-tranny-is-busted.jpg

Top Bottom