Last Minute So-Cal Run 5/19/13: White Mountain

jesse3638

Hooked
I was unable to make some of the runs today due to family obligations but the wife and I still have the itch to get out in the Jeep. I was planning on running White Mountain (3N17). For those of you who haven't run it, it a moderate trail with a few obstacles, all of which have by-passes. Its going to be a family friendly run with stops to take in the view and have lunch.

The Plan:

Meet at Horsespring Campground at 10:00am air down and depart at 10:30am

Directions:

From Apple Valley (Bear Valley Rd. x Central Rd):
Head South on Central to Ocotillo Way
Turn left and head East to Bowen Ranch Rd.
Turn right and head South to Coxy Rd (Coxy Truck Trail 3N14)
Turn slight left and continue South on 3N14 (Coxy Truck Trail) to 4N16
Turn left and head North on 4N16 the camp ground will be on your left.

From Grapevine Canyon (Highway 18 x High Rd.):
Head South in High Rd. to Castle Rock Rd
Turn right and head West to Orchard Rd.
Turn right and head North to Road Runner (Main road nearest the rail road tracks)
Turn left to Grapvine Canyon Road (The road is not marked)
-The road will seem to be a large wash and meander south towards the large canyon (Grapevine canyon) it may be marked as BLM route JF3225
-Continue up JF3225 once it crosses the Forest Boundry the route becomes 4N16 the camp ground will be on your right.

From Fawnskin (Hwy 38 x Rim of the World Dr.(3N14)):
Head North, Northwest on Rim of the Work Dr. (3N14) to 4N16 (approx 20 miles)
Turn right and head North on 4N16 the campground will be on your left

To the trail head:
Turn left out of the campground and head North a short distance to 3N17
Turn right onto 3N17
Stay to the right at the fork and continue on to have a good time.

Hope these directions are as clear as mud..haha. Please reference a map prior to departure I don't want to be responsible for getting someone lost. The Grapevine canyon route can be a bit tricky to get to get to the trail head. If you are interested please call or text me. I'll check here periodically but my cell is the best means to get a hold of me. I do not have a CB and cell coverage on the trail is spotty at best so please try to let me know ahead of time. The boat leaves at 10:30 and if you're not there by then I'll assume everyone there (If anyone joins me..haha) is all that is coming. Hope to see you on the trail.

Jesse
Cell# 760-486-6669

Going
1. jesse0920 (self)
2. bran996

Last edited:
Top Bottom