Extendend E-Brake Lines... I definitely need them

White_JKU

I've never heard of anyone mention this in the threads I've read.

I recently installed my Metalcloak springs that I've been driving around with in the back of the jeep.
The springs were an advertised 2.5" over stock.
I gained 2 3/4 " over my 2.5"bb height.... soooooo when I am at full droop (tested by jacking up the jeep)
I found that my E-brake Lines were supporting my rear axle.

What are some known remedies to lengthen the lines.. No rush as I am taking a year off of wheeling to build the jeep for next year.

Here is a before and after pic... the before pic is already with a 2.5" spacer lift
The after is with the metal cloak 2.5" coils
The TJ beside my JK has a 3.5" coil lift. I don't know what brand.
new lift 4.jpg new lift 3.jpg

Last edited:

rtguy1

I've never heard of anyone mention this in the threads I've read.

I recently installed my Metalcloak springs that I've been driving around with in the back of the jeep.
The springs were an advertised 2.5" over stock.
I gained 2 3/4 " over my 2.5"bb height.... soooooo when I am at full droop (tested by jacking up the jeep)
I found that my E-brake Lines were supporting my rear axle.

What are some known remedies to lengthen the lines.. No rush as I am taking a year off of wheeling to build the jeep for next year.

Did u disconnect it from the bracket under the tub? If so, and it's still too short you can have an extended one made. Mine is extended, but it was done through evo.

White_JKU

Did u disconnect it from the bracket under the tub? If so, and it's still too short you can have an extended one made. Mine is extended, but it was done through evo.

No I didn't disconnect them from the little metal hangars.... is that gonna be enough to make a difference without getting in the way...
Time ran a little short for me after all the angle measurements of differentials post lift, so I never even tried to un hang the E-brake lines from the hangers.

mkjeep

Junkyard Dog
Unhook them and re-route under the frame cross member. You'll have all the length you'll ever need.

Top Bottom