Stock seat question

JKU EXTREME

Would be possible to run a 4-point harness into the stock JK seats, I find them too comfortable to change and I want the security of a 4-point harness, a bit of the out of the ordinary question but I think it might be a good idea

Just want to know y'alls opinion and feedback on the idea
Thanks

Sent from JKU EXTREME "Just Explore Every Place"

bob-o12jk

Banned
I think ROCKHARD sells a harness bar to use 4 point harnesses. They are the same company that makes the sport roll cage. Check it out

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKU EXTREME

I think ROCKHARD sells a harness bar to use 4 point harnesses. They are the same company that makes the sport roll cage. Check it out

Yep they do just looked into it I'll take that into consideration

JKU EXTREME

Yep they do just looked into it I'll take that into consideration

Jeep_Dawg08

I've been thinking this myself. My girl and her daughter go with me some and I would feel safer if they were strapped in better.
Let me know how it works out and do a thread on the install if u wpuld please.

Yes rock hard sells a front and rear harness bar for the JKU. Personally I have the front bar and its great other than the directions say to bolt it to the b pillar pinch seam , that seemed like a weak mounting option so I welded it in instead. Much cleaner look also. I run the harnesses between the headrest posts. I will look for a pic on my comp and post it in a few. There might be one in my album on my profile. I have 5 point master craft 3" wide harnesses

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

here are some pics...hope they help
555015_159800284175712_485521526_n.jpg

421402_159800264175714_1729978740_n.jpg

MTG

Caught the Bug
Interesting.

Can you run the 4/5 point harness as an option? For instance only when off road? And use the normal seat belts form around town. Also the b-pillar looks especially weak to me...any issues there?

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Interesting.

Can you run the 4/5 point harness as an option? For instance only when off road? And use the normal seat belts form around town. Also the b-pillar looks especially weak to me...any issues there?

Assuming its set up correctly it should not be a problem

MTG

Caught the Bug
Assuming its set up correctly it should not be a problem

Cool. I'll need to look into this more. Especially for the rear seats. Get those kids buckled in tight. :thumb:

Maybe I should have just gone full weld-in cage. :grayno:

I really need to learn to weld. :yup:

See you Sunday. :rock:

JKU EXTREME

here are some pics...hope they help
555015_159800284175712_485521526_n.jpg

421402_159800264175714_1729978740_n.jpg

Thanks, that's awesome, I'm actually considering cutting a small hole in the seat itself, small enough for the harness, so I don't have to go under the headrest, but that's an awesome setup and something I will consider

Last edited:
Top Bottom