2010 JKU Rubicon

Well, this past week I purchased my first JK. I had originally planned to order a 2012 JKU Rubicon, but I found a great deal on a 2010 that was only a 2-hour drive away. With only 12,500 miles on it, it's in great condition and for the price, I felt it was the best move.

No real idea where the build is headed at this point. I have to decide if I want the "clean" appearance or the more "purpose built" look. Budget friendly mods to get the rig trail ready are at the top of the list... But the first mod is pulling the horrible light guards off the front headlights and markers. LOL. Here are a few pics...

image-3981180384.jpg

image-75802118.jpg

image-776106423.jpg

Hope to see some of you cruising around Bakersfield!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats on your new Jeep! First on your list should be to replace those side steps with a good set of rocker guards. With that alone, you can do plenty :yup:

Well... I pulled those side steps off and it looks a lot better... Wash is coming tomorrow. All of the goods for the CB Radio should be here on Monday. Looking forward to that install!

image-2365282144.jpg

Installed a Cobra 29 LX today... Still haven't decided where to mount the mic... Taking suggestions. I'm using a Teraflex CB Antenna mount and a black 3-Foot Firestik Antenna off the tailgate.

image-3222444865.jpg

image-1943049362.jpg

Last edited:

BONDSY

Installed a Cobra 29 LX today... Still haven't decided where to mount the mic... Taking suggestions. I'm using a Teraflex CB Antenna mount and a black 3-Foot Firestik Antenna off the tailgate.

This is a great radio, I installed mine a couple weeks back, I'm completely satisfied.:rock:

Last edited:
This is a great radio, I installed mine a couple weeks back, I'm completely satisfied.:rock:

Took my Jeep to our local CB shop and they tuned the antenna and radio... Drastic improvement in performance. Added a quick disconnect to the antenna mount as well. The guy at the shop commented on the super clean install, said it was the cleanest he has seen in a jeep... Thanks project-jk.com! :beer:

Installed a set of Truck-Lite Gen 2 LED Headlights today. Picked 'em up off a guy for FREE, after I pointed him in the direction of a really good deal on his next vehicle!!! :rock: But I'm still pissed he's selling his Jeep.

Still saving for my lift, tires, wheels, driveshafts, etc.... Life is too damn expensive :broke:

image-2284101027.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a shot from this evening's drive from LA to Bakersfield. I can't say enough about the performance of these lights... Night and day difference between stock and Truck-Lites. (Pun intended).

image-1462642330.jpg

Attachments

• image-908974087.jpg
    image-908974087.jpg
    315.6 KB · Views: 223
Top Bottom