This needs fixed...best option?

JKPilot

This is a picture of my stock Rubicon rocker and a about 2" clearance with my 35's. Same situation on the other side.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1369176483.410626.jpg

Ideas? Go!

jeeeep

Hooked
pry the end cap off carefully, sawzall, paint and put the cap back in - done!

trim the wheel well corner and paint - don't forget to do the rears as well........

spinuck

Yeah, cut off about 2" of the rubi-rails and an angled cut on the pinch seam. Paint over the cut areas to stop rust. Search forums, there's a few posts with walk-throughs.

JKPilot

Well luckily the pinch seams are trimmed, so I will just need to take a little of the rockers. Thanks.

White_JKU

Just cut it off... thats a pretty good answer for a lot of Jeep clearance issues... thats what I do with every part of my rig that I don't like. LOL.... seriously :yup:

daltexjeeper

I agree, good job on the rails! So were you one of the lucky ones that had the pinch seem already trimmed from the factory?

optimus prime

Pinch seam

I know it's not the rocker but here is what I did with my pinch seem in order to get my 40" MTR's to fit in the hole. Once cut , the filler plate was made using the cut off piece as a template and then welded in and cleaned up. Once it was painted if you didn't know it was altered you never know.

Sorry for the high Jack

Cheers
Grant

IMG_2809.jpg IMG_2810.jpg IMG_2811.jpg IMG_2812.jpg IMG_2813.jpg

JKPilot

I know it's not the rocker but here is what I did with my pinch seem in order to get my 40" MTR's to fit in the hole. Once cut , the filler plate was made using the cut off piece as a template and then welded in and cleaned up. Once it was painted if you didn't know it was altered you never know.

Sorry for the high Jack

Cheers
Grant

View attachment 31853 View attachment 31854 View attachment 31855 View attachment 31856 View attachment 31857

Nice job on that project.

optimus prime

Nice job on that project.

Thanks, I posted this to show how easy it is to do. Using basic shop tools, and a welder. a person with average skills can do pretty much anything on a Jeep. God knows, if I can do it anyone can. Like cutting the stock rockers is as easy as cutting them off with a grinder and zipcut and pushing the end plug back in. none of it is rocket science. Just don't be afraid to try.

sermon over......

Last edited:
Top Bottom