Rim Size

JKBlackie

Hey! I just recently bought an all stock JKUS and I'm just doing some research on rims and tires because of course I want to upgrade! I've looked into the possibility of changing out my 17" wheels for 15" wheels and putting 33" or 35" Duratracs on ole Blackie! I guess my question is in you guys' experience, will putting 33"-35" tires on 15" wheels on my Unlimited work out ok? Or would sticking with 17" rims be wiser.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I agree with Overlander. 17" is the perfect size. 15" rim's is a down grade from what you have.

What was your line of thought for changing from 17" to 15"?

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

Last edited:

JKBlackie

I agree with Overlander. 17" is the perfect size. 15" rim's is a down grade from what you have.

What was your line of thought for changing from 17" to 15"?

WAYALIFE APP 

It's just a much cheaper option for rims and tires. I agree the 17's look better but I've seen some pictures of 4 doors with 15" rims and 33" tires and it didn't look too bad to me.

Firewrangler

When I first got my JK, I had the same thoughts as you! 15" is cheaper.....don't do it. Shop around and you can find 17's and not spend a fortune.

JKBlackie

When I first got my JK, I had the same thoughts as you! 15" is cheaper.....don't do it. Shop around and you can find 17's and not spend a fortune.

I think you're right. I'll save up for tires and a Budget Boost and do that all at once and then I can do rims later on! Thanks for the advice!

RockyJk

I think you're right. I'll save up for tires and a Budget Boost and do that all at once and then I can do rims later on! Thanks for the advice!

I'm running 15s on my 2 door and honestly I should of just gone with 17s seeing that I want to run 37s now they would have way too much sidewall on 15s so once my 35s wear out I'll be steppin up to 17s

Firewrangler

One more little rid bit of advice. We sound a lot alike. I went with a budget boost as well. Did rims and tire at the same time. My advice....if you do budget boost...stay below three inches...if you go higher like I did, you just end up spending more $$$ anyway in the long run to make it drive right.

JKBlackie

One more little rid bit of advice. We sound a lot alike. I went with a budget boost as well. Did rims and tire at the same time. My advice....if you do budget boost...stay below three inches...if you go higher like I did, you just end up spending more $$$ anyway in the long run to make it drive right.

I was just going to do the 2.5" BB so I could maybe fit 35's under there! Is that a smart move?

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I was just going to do the 2.5" BB so I could maybe fit 35's under there! Is that a smart move?

I am in the process of installing 2.5" BB and then 35" you will be fine. At full flex you may rub on fender or pinch seam but not much. You can trim the pinch seam and trim fenders flat and no more problems

JKBlackie

I am in the process of installing 2.5" BB and then 35" you will be fine. At full flex you may rub on fender or pinch seam but not much. You can trim the pinch seam and trim fenders flat and no more problems

Ok thank you very much! And are those your first two mods? You don't have wheel spacers?

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Ok thank you very much! And are those your first two mods? You don't have wheel spacers?

Once I add the 35's I will add 1.5 spacers. I am going back and forth on new wheels with correct back spacing

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom