Yj question

Forever jeep95

Ok first of all I know this is mostly a jk forum but I just bought my first jeep and a yj was what I could afford. I paid 1900 for it because it had a cracked head. I bought the new head and got it installed and drove it a little when it started to knock every now and then. I thought it might be a rod bearing so I took the pan off and replaced all the rod bearings and one of them had started to spin. But once I started it again it still knocked. So is it a bad main bearing or what? Please help!

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Forever jeep95 said:
Ok first of all I know this is mostly a jk forum but I just bought my first jeep and a yj was what I could afford. I paid 1900 for it because it had a cracked head. I bought the new head and got it installed and drove it a little when it started to knock every now and then. I thought it might be a rod bearing so I took the pan off and replaced all the rod bearings and one of them had started to spin. But once I started it again it still knocked. So is it a bad main bearing or what? Please help!

Nothing wrong with YJ's. I've owned one. 6 or 4?

94YJBeaver

My YJ has knocked since 120k and now i have 185k on it...It still knocks and sometimes i think i might have a diesel and other times I can barely hear it...I just make sure the oil is fresh most of the time and it has never burned or leaked oil...I have heard much worse...I am looking for a motor to stroke out when this one fails...But who knows when that is going to be...

Forever jeep95

94YJBeaver said:
My YJ has knocked since 120k and now i have 185k on it...It still knocks and sometimes i think i might have a diesel and other times I can barely hear it...I just make sure the oil is fresh most of the time and it has never burned or leaked oil...I have heard much worse...I am looking for a motor to stroke out when this one fails...But who knows when that is going to be...

Yeah I am keeping my eye out for a 4.0 cause I'm not sure how long this one will last.

Top Bottom