Here's another dumb question.....

wvjeepin

So can you run a soft top Jk with full doors thru the auto car wash? When I had my tj I had half door and the water came thru......

badassbrass

Well.... I would like to know if someone did it... I guess it is not so good.... But.. I never tried....

From Québec

Swelly

I took my stock soft top through the touch less automatic wash. It only leaked a small amount around the back window. However, if you do it too much the high power water jets and things of that nature will probably make the seams come loose and leak. :twocents:

Rule18

I have taken my soft top through car washes for years with no damage to the top or the frame. I guess it depends on the car wash machinery.

We have ran ours through a "touchless" and not a drop came in. Make sure there is no wax, and no bubble-gum smelly stuff and you should be good-2-go. We mostly use it for the under body spray, The rest of the wash is a bonus, (which is a good attitude to carry since the touchless wash sucks). I can't imagine why this would be worse than hand washing it and/or driving on the interstate during a goose-drowning rain.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I have a dumb question too.

Hope you don't mind me asking a dumb question here to. This would be a good dumb question thread:

My question is :blush: Whats the stinger for. I head it keeps a rig from falling to a rut or if you roll keeps you from landing right on the top.:thinking:

Atch

Hope you don't mind me asking a dumb question here to. This would be a good dumb question thread:

My question is :blush: Whats the stinger for. I head it keeps a rig from falling to a rut or if you roll keeps you from landing right on the top.:thinking:

Most stingers stick above the hood line which help to protect the radiator in the event of a rollover.

wvjeepin

Looks like I'm gonna attempt it then.... The car wash near me is a water only, doesn't have any of those crazy brush things

Top Bottom