LOD Sliders

flotto

Getting ready to place an order for these. Should I,

1. Have them powder coated straight from the manufacturer

2. Get them bare steel and rattle can bedliner on them.

Opinions?

TrailBear

I would go powder coated, I did and really like it, plus you can just install them and get out on the trail.

If you don't push the limits how do you find them??

phillypete

I vote for rattle can bedliner.

It goes on super easy and looks professional without much effort. People have frequently asked me if I had my rails powder coated. They can't believe that finish came out of a can.

Plus you will have the added advantage of being able to touch up easily.

mackey

I actually have a question about these rails. They just bolt on? Any cutting/welding involved?

Depending on what lift you have, you may have to cut and modify the rear bracket. I had to do that for my lift which was a Teraflex long arm. If you call LOD, they can tell you if any mods are needed for your lift. If not needed, you can simply bolt them on.

Aeraun

Depending on what lift you have, you may have to cut and modify the rear bracket. I had to do that for my lift which was a Teraflex long arm. If you call LOD, they can tell you if any mods are needed for your lift. If not needed, you can simply bolt them on.

I only have about a 2" body lift atm, 33" trail grapplers so I should be good?

I actually have a question about these rails. They just bolt on? Any cutting/welding involved?

I drilled and used weld nuts and grade 8 bolts with lock washers. Took a bit but finally completed the install. If I had to do over I would have made a template out of paper and marked the frame where the sliders mount and then drilled the holes. It would have taken less time.. Over all I like the look. When the sun comes back out I will post pics.

R/
Will

StrizzyChris

No cutting, and you can do either(I did bolt on only) bolt and or weld. I have pics of the install in my build thread. There's a link in my signature below

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

Aeraun

Cool, thanks for info. When time comes I'm thinking of going LOD for everything - sliders, front bumper and rear with tire carrier. So many different ones to look at but I like how the LOD designs look the best.

StrizzyChris

Of the rear carrier bumpers, I really like LOD's as well. I dont like the front bumpers as well as the rest of their products but thats just opinion. Another member, if you are thinking of going that route, called LOD directly and got a discount by purchasing sliders, and bumpers all at the same time.

Cool, thanks for info. When time comes I'm thinking of going LOD for everything - sliders, front bumper and rear with tire carrier. So many different ones to look at but I like how the LOD designs look the best.

If you go with LOD be sure to allow a minimum of 4 weeks from time of order to delivery. I ordered the entire set and have a the rear bumper and tire carrier to go.

flotto

If you go with LOD be sure to allow a minimum of 4 weeks from time of order to delivery. I ordered the entire set and have a the rear bumper and tire carrier to go.

Did you get the sliders also? what finish did you go with.

Did you get the sliders also? what finish did you go with.

I got the who package, sliders, Mid width front bumper and gen 3 tire carrier rear bumper. I went with the textured powder coat. Was easier for me since I did not want to slep the stuff to the powder coater.

BlackKnight

I'd go Rattle can, if you scratch them you can re apply, Powder coat you can't really patch up the scrapes..

They Are sliders after all and will get scraped up if you are using them correctly. Better them than the sides of the jeep..

I'd go Rattle can, if you scratch them you can re apply, Powder coat you can't really patch up the scrapes..

They Are sliders after all and will get scraped up if you are using them correctly. Better them than the sides of the jeep..
With the texture powder coat I can touch up with flat rattle can as well. I live in Florida so with a lot of salt air.

lkjk

I'd get powdercoat, then use a decent rattle can like krylon fusion over it so when you touch it up it matches. I've had both and while bedliner rattle can is good, its a fair amount of work and never as good as PC.....if its only 50 or so more I'd do it. Better in the long run since with BL you'll be touching up areas that aren't even on the bottom

Top Bottom