A/C on the trail?

bholder817

I have never had any issues with it. I wheel wIth my kids in the back and sometimes they need a cool breeze.

Sent from my VS920 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

White_JKU

Hell yes... I live in Central GA, here in the south (where we generally wheel) , It gets way to hot and stuffy in the sun... even with doors off, I run the AC on full blast. Love the powerful JK AC fans.

rinkishjk

I use it, especially in the summer. Doesn't have any effect on anything other than keeping it more comfortable.

Fridge81

I run it, mainly on the floor. I am usually in flip flops and my feet tend to sweat in those precarious and sometime nervous situations i get myself into.

Sent from some trail, somewhere

Napalm90

I use it, over the weekend at rauch, when it was 60 degrees out, it started to feel like 80 even wth no doors or roof because of all the exhaust and heat from the engines I front of me

Sent via carrier pigeon

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I wouldn't use a/c per say but I would put the cold air on if needed.

Sent from my iPhone

MTG

Caught the Bug
Way too hot out here to not use it. Haven't had any issues to speak of. :thumb:

I live in so cal and have never once since i bought my JKU a year and a half ago turned on the a/c. when its warm or hot out i either roll the windows down or i just take off more items from the jeep ex. soft top replaced with bikini top then full doors replaced with tube doors, i imagine if i did some wheeling up near barstow or death valley in the summer then i might need it but i have always run areas like that either in spring or fall. just my :twocents:

jhires

Since I haven't had my JK for long enough to actually use the A/C, I can't speak for the performance there, but in my old XJ I wheeled it hard with the A/C on all the time. No noticeable difference in performance or engine temp. Only the occasional (and sometimes annoying) comments about my rig leaking something when it was condensation from the a/c.

Marauder

I live in so cal and have never once since i bought my JKU a year and a half ago turned on the a/c. when its warm or hot out i either roll the windows down or i just take off more items from the jeep ex. soft top replaced with bikini top then full doors replaced with tube doors, i imagine if i did some wheeling up near barstow or death valley in the summer then i might need it but i have always run areas like that either in spring or fall. just my :twocents:

Huh? I live in socal too. I run my A/C damn near 24/7. If It doesn't affect your jeep's engine temp then why not.

BlackKnight

I live in Skeeter country USA, Any trails I find I'll probably get eaten alive, so I will likely run the AC off road during the Sticky part of the summer...

jeep-creep

I live in, Florida..it's a must to have the A/C going in spring and summer wheeling. it's very nice to be be hitting some trails and have the A/C blasting and being comfortable..

My feet get too warm in the boots I wear Offroading so I run the ac out of the floor vents. When running the ac your cooling fan runs more and in turn should help trans temps a good bit. I don't have a trans temp gage so I can't test this theory.

Rivertoys

Was out wheeling in the desert and I had my friend's wife & daughter in the Jeep with me, while he was riding the ATC with a group of other guys. When he rolled up on us, I would put the window down and ask him to speak up or hold on, as we couldn't hear him over the A/C and stereo... :rock:

Top Bottom