2011 JK Back up Camera

optimus prime

Hi. A while ago I read that some one had the steelership install an Grand Cherokee or Journey back up camera on the stock Nav equipped entertainment system In their JK. I have looked everywhere but cant find the thread. If anyone knows where it is or has any info on this it would be greatly appreciated. with a 40" hanging off the back of my Jeep it's only a matter of time before I back over a smart car or something. :D

Thanks
Cheers
Grant

kimer82

hello from kootenay BC!

anyways i have the same problem and went to dealer and they wanted about $1000 for factory back up..

shopped at amazon and got'em for $300 for 2 camera and 7" screen which the reviews were good.

Last edited:

optimus prime

hello from kootenay BC!

anyways i have the same problem and went to dealer and they wanted about $1000 for factory back up..

shopped at amazon and got'em for $300 for 2 camera and 7" screen which the reviews were good.

Yeah, but some one on this site was talking about installing the factory camera on my existing system. I really don't want to change everything just wanted to plug a camera in. I just cant remember what vehicle it came out of.

Overland1406

Hi. A while ago I read that some one had the steelership install an Grand Cherokee or Journey back up camera on the stock Nav equipped entertainment system In their JK. I have looked everywhere but cant find the thread. If anyone knows where it is or has any info on this it would be greatly appreciated. with a 40" hanging off the back of my Jeep it's only a matter of time before I back over a smart car or something. :D

Thanks
Cheers
Grant

Hello Cheers

I have a this Kit ,rear camera display of Gentex

http://www.gentex.com/automotive/products/rear-blind-zone-assist

DSCN0394.jpg
DSCN0393.jpg

KPM171

I've been eyeballing the MyGig Lockpic mentioned above, but the company says they aren't ready for the 2013's as yet. It would be nice to have cameras front/rear with distance markings for tricky & tight parking. I haven't seen one in person, but the tech looks fairly straight forward. coastaletech.com

optimus prime

I've been eyeballing the MyGig Lockpic mentioned above, but the company says they aren't ready for the 2013's as yet. It would be nice to have cameras front/rear with distance markings for tricky & tight parking. I haven't seen one in person, but the tech looks fairly straight forward. coastaletech.com

Yeah, I know about Lockpic but have heard they aren't 2013 ready as well so I'm really reluctant to open that can of worms. However on one of these forums, and I could have sworn it was here, someone took a camera from a Journey or Grand and it just plugged in. It makes sense that it would, They use the same system through out there model range....... or so I'm told. I don't really need all the other cameras that Lockpic offers, I've been wheeling long enough to know where my corners are. It's just around town. You park and then while you're away someone in an import parks about 6" from your bumper. My first reaction is that if your willing to do that you're willing to accept the consequences of what comes next, but the insurance company's don't see it that way.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
You park and then while you're away someone in an import parks about 6" from your bumper. My first reaction is that if your willing to do that you're willing to accept the consequences of what comes next, but the insurance company's don't see it that way.

just play "car crusher" for a bit with your jeep :cheesy:

JAGS

Hooked
I could be wrong, but I believe a starscan is what the stealership uses to flash the jeeps CPU, thus allowing it to recognize new hardware/software/updates, etc.

Skid_Kid

Thanks
Cheers
Grant

I thought your rig was a 2013? :thinking::thinking:

Here is a link that might be of help.

http://www.oemautopartsco.com/index...t=0&keyword="2011+Jeep+Wrangler+(NA)"&sort=3d

Last edited:

Jeep_Dawg08

Whats the price on that gentec one. Ive been wondering about that for parking lots mainly... and theres all the critters at the house that love to lay in the driveway! Lol

Top Bottom