Trails around Idaho Springs/Georgetown, CO

Silver5665

My sister is in town from TN and wants to do some trails tomorrow. All the trails in my guide books around Georgetown are recommended for later in the year due to altitude & snow. I have heard about a trail between Idaho Springs and Central City but don't know what it is called. Any recommendations for this time of year would be greatly appreciated. I am in a stock wrangler unlimited.

daveroberts

You might look into Spring Creek. Could be a little tough with a stock JK but can be done, and could still have snow but its a nice trail.

Silver5665

She is in town until Sunday but due to my son's graduation we only have tomorrow.
Thanks for the pointer to Traildamage.com. Great site.

Tim

OH-MY-GOD Road is the trail between Idaho Springs and Central city. Not difficult at all, but the views are really good. Nevadaville loop is another really easy trail that goes round the old miming town of Nevadaville. That one is on the west side of Central city. Both should be clear of snow.

NAUJK

There are lots of trails in the area. Spring Creek is one of the rougher ones. You also have Bill Moore Lake and Miller Creek loop, Red Elephant Hill... I wouldnt suggest this one unless your good at tight narrow turns and spaces between trees. If you go a little farther up 70 you have some trails near Georgetown as well.

Top Bottom