in search of a tire carrier

Holeshot

Banned
here's the situation.

I currently own a smittybilt XRC rear bumper without the carrier. I was planing to build my own swing away/fold down type carrier, a mix between standart and stinger carrier. Unfortunately, my friend who has the shop where we do our stuff (like my front bumper) as seperated recently and he has to move his stuff and, with all this, cannot build my carrier for this summer.

I wheel with the spare tire in the rear cargo for a month, waiting for him to be ready for the build. But now, i'm fucked and in hurry to get a carrier. I'm looking for a stinger type carrier, but I don't want something that only folds down. If it only swings away, like the one EVO build, it would be fine, but it is a little too expensive for my wallet actually.

Is there any company that make carrier that could be added to a bumper or bolted to the body? I don't mind about grinding/welding/cutting on the bumper.

If you have any suggestion feel free to share!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i personally like the LOD and the OR Fab carriers myself. they seem like 2 food options. also the Genright carrier is a stinger like bumper like the EVO one that looks cool as well

rinkishjk

genright is def. the kind of look I'm looking for. this is the one I was talking of in my prev. post.

GenRight steel. Just installed this past weekend. Solid!
That's a 35 on the stock wheel backwards due to backspacing.

Attachments

• 1369333844745.jpg
    1369333844745.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 148

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Genright is a great carrier for sure, love myne and easy install, also will hold up to a 40 and be solid like the evo carrier. I plan to eventually do the evo corners and then add tabs to make the genright work which I have seen before and looks amazing.

Last edited:

Rubi Freak

I know you like the Genright carrier but since we run the same XRC Bumper I figured I would show you the OR-Fab Carrier I run with it. 37 Inch BFG KM2 mounted. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1369372956.368363.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1369372969.922753.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1369373024.653381.jpg

Holeshot

Banned
It's a very nice carrier, and I like the rotopax on it also.. I've asked northridge for the genright and they're out of stock for a good 45 days still.. Also emailed genright for a quotation.. we'll see.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
It's a very nice carrier, and I like the rotopax on it also.. I've asked northridge for the genright and they're out of stock for a good 45 days still.. Also emailed genright for a quotation.. we'll see.

yeah the bad part about genright is they are not the fastest to build their parts, but the wait is worth it.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Wow I guess I lucked out. Mine was ordered and delivered to me in about 2 weeks.

I think i waited about 3 weeks in total, I lucked out in a way tho since someone canceled theirs so I didnt have to wait any longer and also it was powdercoated

rinkishjk

I think i waited about 3 weeks in total, I lucked out in a way tho since someone canceled theirs so I didnt have to wait any longer and also it was powdercoated

I had called genright to see if they had it in stock and they had one. I usually don't have good luck.

Top Bottom