Pro Comp Xtreme M/T2 Or A/T

JKBlackie

I'm looking to upgrade the tires on my 2010 JKUS. I'm hoping to put a 2.5" Budget Boost on and run 35's. I found a tire and wheel combo from Quadratec.com that seems like a good deal. I just haven't heard much about this tire and I was wondering if anybody has ran it before and could tell me what their strengths and weaknesses are. They also sell the combo with their All Terrains that are obviously cheaper but they only run up to about a 33 or so. Any experience with these tires? What would be the best move?

Tackerdown

Banned
If my son wasn't so p wiped he could be on here and tell you about the x a/t. The traction seems really good but they do chunk in the winter in rocks ,not sure about warm weather yet . I've ridden with him and don't think the road noise is bad at all but that's kind of a too each his own thing.

EVO 4G WAYALIFE.

JKBlackie

If my son wasn't so p wiped he could be on here and tell you about the x a/t. The traction seems really good but they do chunk in the winter in rocks ,not sure about warm weather yet . I've ridden with him and don't think the road noise is bad at all but that's kind of a too each his own thing.

EVO 4G WAYALIFE.

I'll be dealing with snow pretty often during the winter. Do you know how the MT's do on snow?

DCR JEEP

I'm looking to upgrade the tires on my 2010 JKUS. I'm hoping to put a 2.5" Budget Boost on and run 35's. I found a tire and wheel combo from Quadratec.com that seems like a good deal. I just haven't heard much about this tire and I was wondering if anybody has ran it before and could tell me what their strengths and weaknesses are. They also sell the combo with their All Terrains that are obviously cheaper but they only run up to about a 33 or so. Any experience with these tires? What would be the best move?

I'm running pro comp Xmts on my 12' JK with a 2.5" lift. Honestly I've seen procomp ats perform and they literally suck. They easily clog the tread up with mud and dirt. If I was to pick I would go with the pro comp Xmts. I currently have 7,000 miles on my xmts and have a lot of tread left. I've been through a lot of nasty mud and Xtreme offroad. I have no problems whatsoever with the pro comp Xmts.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
-Big E

JKBlackie

I'm running pro comp Xmts on my 12' JK with a 2.5" lift. Honestly I've seen procomp ats perform and they literally suck. They easily clog the tread up with mud and dirt. If I was to pick I would go with the pro comp Xmts. I currently have 7,000 miles on my xmts and have a lot of tread left. I've been through a lot of nasty mud and Xtreme offroad. I have no problems whatsoever with the pro comp Xmts.

-Big E

Thanks for the advice! I'll be getting them mostly in mud and snow so I want something that won't clog! Do the XM/T's do well in snow?

DCR JEEP

Thanks for the advice! I'll be getting them mostly in mud and snow so I want something that won't clog! Do the XM/T's do well in snow?

No problem man. I live in Florida so I wouldn't know bout how it does in snow hahahaha. They do good in the worst mud so you shouldn't have any problem with hitting the snow.

-Big E

JKBlackie

No problem man. I live in Florida so I wouldn't know bout how it does in snow hahahaha. They do good in the worst mud so you shouldn't have any problem with hitting the snow.

-Big E

Hahaha I guess not! But ok I think the MT's are a better choice all around! You can get 5 of the 35/12.150/17 mounted on procomp series 51 wheels I think for like $2100. Not too bad a deal.

DCR JEEP

Yea pro comp always has the best deals on tires as well as there 35000 mile tread wear warranty. I'm pretty sure they are still having there buy 3 get 1 tire free deal.

-Big E

Lets_Row

I have a set of 35x12.5x17 on my '08 JKUR. Solid tires off road and pretty quiet on road. No issues thus far for me! I've only put maybe 2000 miles on them though.

JKBlackie

I have a set of 35x12.5x17 on my '08 JKUR. Solid tires off road and pretty quiet on road. No issues thus far for me! I've only put maybe 2000 miles on them though.

Thanks for your opinion! And those are the M/T's? Can I see a picture of your rig please?! Only if you can! I'd love to see that setup!

Lets_Row

Thanks for your opinion! And those are the M/T's? Can I see a picture of your rig please?! Only if you can! I'd love to see that setup!

Crap, forgot to mention that they were the Xtreme A/Ts, not the M/Ts. They are very quiet on road, with minimal noise. I'll get you a picture tomorrow! My rig is an '08 JKUR, lifted 2.5".

Cheers :beer:

JKBlackie

Crap, forgot to mention that they were the Xtreme A/Ts, not the M/Ts. They are very quiet on road, with minimal noise. I'll get you a picture tomorrow! My rig is an '08 JKUR, lifted 2.5".

Cheers :beer:

Oh gotcha! They're 35" AT's? I thought the biggest AT they made was 33"? But either way id love to see how the tore looks on a Jeep lifted 2.5"! That's what I want!

TexasJC

I have the mt2 in 35's, and so far I like them. Road noise is fairly minimal for a mud tire, and the little mud I've had them in so far, I've been happy. They self clean pretty nicely. They usually run a pretty good price on them as well; think I got mine during the buy 3 get 1 ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1369404421.494788.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1369404456.047360.jpg

Top Bottom