CA Dream, '13 JK 2 Door build

TJFIT

I live by the beach and my goal is to build a sexy 2 door that can hang on the toughest rock crawls, but still has a nice element of bling for the bikini’s at the beach. I'm not talking chrome American racing wheels with windshield wipers and door handles. I'm talking walker evans polished aluminum wheels with evo king coil overs...

With that said here she is the day I bought her after hours of negotiating with the dealership to give me a reasonable price for my trade in, a 2007 Ram 1500 Quad cab that I loved. I attached the sticker so you could see the options I went for, got her for 27,000. I opted for the limited slip to buy me some time until I upgrade to the pro-rock's with ARB's...

IMG_01471_zps8c154f26.jpg IMG_01491_zps811ab558.jpg

TJFIT

Next step was to take her out to Big Bear and see how she preformed factory…It was fun IMG_0164_zpsf4f764e5.jpg

TJFIT

Right away I knew I needed some rock sliders and a skid plate if I was going to continue using my rig prior to lifting it. So I ordered the poising spyder rocker knockers and the pro-rock skid. FYI the rocker knockers come with the wrong size bolts for the factory provided attachments, so after a quick trip to the store they went on pretty easy. Luckily I have a guy close by that did same day powdercoat for just $100, black texture. IMG_0194_zps1bf4cc6b.jpg IMG_0196_zps9ff453d5.jpg I use the ford silver paint and a few coats of clear coat, available at pep-boys to match the wheels present and future.

31757[/ATTACH31756[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• IMG_0189_zpsc8eb9a03.jpg
    IMG_0189_zpsc8eb9a03.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 697
  • IMG_0190_zps65e00f97.jpg
    IMG_0190_zps65e00f97.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 696

TJFIT

So then it was time for some winter wheel'n.. Unfortunately some a-holes robed our house while we were in Big Bear for Christmas getting away with my cash for the build and a ton of other stuff...I hope they rot in hell. But moving on here we are in the winter preview of the rig. IMG_0419.jpg

TJFIT

So recovered from the theft.. to some extent and found a great valentines sale on wheels and tires. Got the 17in Walker Evans Bead locks from Morris 4x4 and Nitto 35’s M/T from tire buyer. Mounted in my garage and balanced at discount tire for $20 a tire
IMG_0508_zps238834b1.jpg 31761[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• IMG_0586_zps39126bce.jpg
    IMG_0586_zps39126bce.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 714

TJFIT

She goes into EVO next week for front and rear Coil Overs, High Clearance long arms, drag link flip, F and B drive shafts, new Flow Master exhaust and C gussets. Just ordered the poison spyder RockBrawler II rear bumper with tire carrier from Northridge today.

Last edited:

Beyrgut

Nice rig, did they bait-n-switch you at the dealer? The window sticker shows black paint but the pics look like the True Blue Pearl :thinking:.

rtguy1

Nice rig, did they bait-n-switch you at the dealer? The window sticker shows black paint but the pics look like the True Blue Pearl :thinking:.

Nice catch. It looks like a sticker from the jeep dealer web page. It's def true blue though.

dahreno

Banned
Are those real bead locks ? If so , are they not illegal in Ca . ? By the way , I grew up in M.B. , Where about do you live ?

TJFIT

Are those real bead locks ? If so , are they not illegal in Ca . ? By the way , I grew up in M.B. , Where about do you live ?

Yes they are real. Illegal but don't care, so many fake ones out their the cops cant tell. If they can its probably because they have them on their own rig. Im in the tree section

TJFIT

Just Got her back from EVO

So now she is ready to go. Installed by EVO: bolt on coil overs front and back, High clearence long arms, front c gussets and sleaves, new drive lines. Drag link flip

Last edited:

TJFIT

1st test drive

Wife and I hit millers jeep trail..it was too easy. The suspension performed better then I had imagined it would, we took alll the toughest lines with no problems at all.

TJFIT

Raer bumper is next

I dropped off my poison spyder rock brawler II with tire carrier to get powder coated along with the inserts to my slidders. They will all be painted silver to match.

damnit Rear...LOL

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Looking great! Cant wait to see some more pics! Make sure to post some pics up in the true blue forum as well, we need some more over there!!

TJFIT

New bumper

So I did a horrible job taking photos of the new bumper and install. So I just tell you about it, received the bumper and carrier, took it over for powder coating (sparkle silver) looks grayish. Drilled a couple of holes and bolted it on. Drove to Pismo that night and had a fun time, needs a little adjusting but no rattle, just a little bounce on big jumps and bumps that can be adjusted for. Door opens easy. Thanks rtguy1 for the help on install. Definitely need 2 people due to the weight.

Top Bottom