4dr to 2dr??

aaronstephen

I've been thinking about trading in/selling the 2012 JKU for a new JK. I've always wanted a 2dr but at the time of purchasing the JKU we needed the extra room. Now that the wife has a Grand Cherokee I've been seriously thinking about going back to my first love. 😊

Anyway, what are your thoughts?

Any advice?

Also, what do I need to know when lifting it? Anything different to know?

Thank you

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I have always wanted a 2 door jeep. If I could do it again I would by a 4 door just for the extra room alone. but I do love my 2 door don't take me wrong. Either way there awesome. Lift wise I am in process of installing a 2.5" BB lift.

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

2k13jk

I had a 4 door 1999 xj before i bought my 2013 2dr jk i hated having 4 doors everybody always jumped in my truck when going somewhere i bought a 2dr and havent regretted it one bit less weight easier to manuever on the trail and 2 less doors to take off in the summer

MTG

Caught the Bug
I've been thinking about trading in/selling the 2012 JKU for a new JK. I've always wanted a 2dr but at the time of purchasing the JKU we needed the extra room. Now that the wife has a Grand Cherokee I've been seriously thinking about going back to my first love. 

Anyway, what are your thoughts?

Any advice?

Also, what do I need to know when lifting it? Anything different to know?

Thank you

I'd stick with the 4 door, but get what YOU want.

TiciTaci

Banned
I have a 2DR and took the back seats out. Enough space for camping and don't have seat to play taxi service.

Plus the shorty is easy to maneuver. Ideally I'd like one of each but until I hit the lottery the 2DR works and I love it.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
What things do I need to be aware of when lifting it that are different from the 4dr?

Since just about all lifts are made for a 4 door you will yield more left in the 2 door when you install. I have a 2" skyjacker lift and when I did my measurements the other day (1 1/2 after install) I was at 2 1/4 lift. The less weight will do that. So figure a 2 1/2 lift will get you around 3

Sent from my iPhone

suicideking

While the 2 door may make some of the tighter stuff easier, you would have less wheel base which will make some stuff harder.

I know a few people that traded in their 2 door for a 4.

No brainer for me because I have kids. I've thought about when the kids are grown up, I might want a stretched 2 door. I've seen a few on here and some other sites.

JKU EXTREME

I personally don't have a two door, I have the four door, my dad bought me the four door because he thought it would be better for me in college if I had the extra room, my friend has a two door and when I drove it I liked the coziness and the fact that you can take out the back seat instead of folding it down, but it all comes down to preference.

jeeeep

Hooked
you must be having a hard time deciding! saw your posting on the other forum lol...
toss a coin and go for it!...or use a magic 8 ball - they'll both have the same odds as getting good advice from all of us who like each type of Jeep lol
I've owned 2drs, GC, Cherokees, Wagoneers...and the thing I like best? the room! I pack too much stuff when I hit the trail or go camping, 2dr's were always a challenge to pack and still leave room for humans, 4dr also makes towing a trailer easier

Rob

I'll never go back to a 2 door jeep. The loss of manueverability is worth the compromise of the stability and interior space. Not to mention not having to be an acrobat to get in the rear seat.

Top Bottom