10% ethanhol?

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
It's pretty much all that's available in SoCal. I've heard it's dirtier and give slightly worse fuel economy. If I had a choice I wouldn't run it. I just make sure to use a fuel system treatment/cleaner every couple tanks :(

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
It's in all gas now. Can't get away from it. No problems for new jeeps and other cars but anything older than '05 or so you will have to add a fuel additive. Had to do that for my parents boat (2000 bayliner) till we got our 2011 Larson

Sent from my iPhone

jeeeep

Hooked
it's getting more difficult to find ethanol free gas - it all has at least 10%, what you need to watch out for is the higher ethanol mixed fuel. I accidently pumped E15 and my Jeep ran like hell, mileage sucked, I went back to the station to complain and realized they had E15. Added some octane boost and it helped some...
All newer vehicles are supposed to be ok to run E10.

mtnbiker995

If you go to a boat marina (at least here in Michigan) you can fill up with 0% ethanol fuel. Marine grade fuel is the only stuff I know that's 0%

Jeep_Dawg08

I use 0% in my bike, but its a lower octane. I do that since I dont ride everyday and it keeps the moisture outta my tank better. Plus us a octane booster..
As far as the jeep I go for higher octane and slide in a stabilizer to help with moisture in the gas.

jeeeep

Hooked
ethanol is a moisture magnet - it sucks in really humid environments, living in Texas I add a bottle Lucas octane booster every 3-4 refills, during the really bad rainy/ humid months. Some fill-ups just seem to make the Jeep run rougher than others and I've reasoned it was the extra moisture, haven't experienced it since I started adding the octane booster. just don't add HEET or water displacement/soluble stuff - it'll separate the fuel and make it worse.

Top Bottom