Faded stock fenders?

JTJK3.8

Over the past two years my fenders have faded pretty bad.

For those of you that still rock your stock fenders and are fading, and you want to get them back to the original color. Go buy two packs of magic erasers and start scrubbing.

image-3243208564.jpg

image-1320886551.jpg

image-1528201194.jpg

I haves used plenty of products that swear they work, but most of the time the just give you a temporary shine.

Now I'm not finished yet but it's obviously working after a little elbow grease.

For six bucks give it a whorl and let me know what you think.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Mother's Back to Black works great too!

It's around $6 for the bottle, wipes on/off in seconds, you won't break a sweat, and you'll have plenty left over for the next time. :thumb:

Tink48

I used that "WipeNew" product, about three weeks ago. So far it's still good. We'll see how it looks after a couple more months.

JTJK3.8

Let me know how long that stuff last.

I'd like to put something on to protect them.
Ill have have to post a finished picture they look pretty good in comparison to my dads new Rubi.

Btw. Who is that "new wipe" product made by?

Last edited:

mkjeep

Junkyard Dog
Forever Black is the best I've ever used to restore faded plastic and lasts for months, not weeks. It's kinda like putting shoe polish on( it's got black dye in it) so you need to run a strip of painters tape where the fender meets paint. My wife's LJ fenders had turned white, took 7 coats but they look like new and have been that way for a couple months now. After a wash I put 303 on them since it has UV protection. Did my Zenons on the JK a couple weeks ago, they look like new now too.

Jeep_Dawg08

A detail budddy I know has swore by Black Wow for faded plastic. Says there is atleast 6months on a single application. I have yet to use it, so if anyone wishes to try before me lets us all know.

Tackerdown

Banned
The thing that appears to be happening on JT'S is your not coloring it or covering it. It seams more like removing the oxidation and the color if the fender is coming out. Curious to see if it last longer.

EVO 4G WAYALIFE.

JK'AJUN

Not sure if it would work for the Jeep fenders, but what about light passes over the plastic with a blow torch?

I used to do this with faded 4-wheeler fenders. It would make them look brand new. Especially when trimming the front plastics on my 450R, it would melt that top layer perfectly and you couldn't even tell they were trimmed on, or scratched.

jeeeep

Hooked
Not sure if it would work for the Jeep fenders, but what about light passes over the plastic with a blow torch?

I used to do this with faded 4-wheeler fenders. It would make them look brand new. Especially when trimming the front plastics on my 450R, it would melt that top layer perfectly and you couldn't even tell they were trimmed on, or scratched.

it works - also a heat gun works but it's slow and you have to be more careful than some elbow grease :beer:

Tackerdown

Banned
Nice thing about this way is your not covering it up your removing the faded part. I'm sure the heat probably works well too because your bringing the plastic back to a natural state. So to speak.

EVO 4G WAYALIFE.

FoxC

x3 on Mothers.:yup: I use it a couple times a year on my wife's chevy avalanche. Works great.

Top Bottom