Rattle can Bed liner for Tire Carrier

darkscion0

Heya Wayalifers,

I'm still trying to settle on a front/rear(tirecarrier) bumper combo and it's come down to Evo 1/4 pounder + Evo Corner Skins + Evo Tire Carrier or LoD front stubby + rear bumper w/ tire carrier. A HUGE concern is that the Evo gear comes unfinished and I have no one within a couple hour drive that can powder coat it. (Want a stronger finish than paint). I've seen a couple posts were people have had good results from rattle can bed liner. If I go with the Evo setup, the front bumper, corner skins and tire carrier would all be bed lined.

Couple questions.
1) How strong is the rattle can bed liner compared to getting it painted?
2) Can I get a somewhat textured finish from it?
3) Is it a good idea?
4) What is the best brand of rattle can bed liner to use?

Thanks!

sean.m.adams33

I have my poison spyder sliders rattle canned with bed liner and it works great. So great that I plan on doing the same thing with my evo tire carrier and skins when it gets here next week. It's easy to touch up and gives a little texture to it. Hope that helps.

Napalm90

I have my poison spyder sliders rattle canned with bed liner and it works great. So great that I plan on doing the same thing with my evo tire carrier and skins when it gets here next week. It's easy to touch up and gives a little texture to it. Hope that helps.

Can you post a picture, I am thinking on getting those

Sent via carrier pigeon

FoxC

I used duplicolor bed armor in the spray can. Works great. Just sand the metal down and spray. No need for a primer. It holds better without it.:yup: The major plus is in the touch up if you do scratch it up...very easy!

phillypete

I used Rustolium Bedliner on my rocker knockers and they turned out great. The bedliner goes on thick and is very forgiving to work with. It is seems really durable

The only down side that I see is that the grippy texture tends to hold dirt. Not that big of a deal, but for larger surfaces I may try just doing a semigloss finish.

Top Bottom