Intermittent vibration

rws

This will kick on here and there and stops once I take my foot off the gas pedal or give it more power so it'll downshift and move.. Thinking it may be driveshaft or transmission issues.. My jeep is heavily modded which obviously makes a difference.. Anybody have this before?

Turbostevey

I have a similar issue at low rpm in final drive in a stick model.

Sent from my HTCONE using WAYALIFE mobile app

rws

Bumping this up, the vibration is def getting worse and it's when the Jeep starts to labor going up hill.. RPM doesn't seem to matter too much now that Im paying attention to it..

El Toro

Not sure if you guys found the cause but I was having similar symptoms. I took it in to Jeep and they said it was normal for ECO driving. BS...I traced back to when I first noticed it and it was my after my rock slider install. I thought" no way could I be getting a drive train vibration from sliders...it must be coincidence". Then I mentioned my sliders in another thread and how they were attached (to the frame AND pinch seam). I didn't realize that the new JK's have rubber isolators between the frame and body allowing the body to flex and move some. By attaching the sliders to both the frame and the pinch seam, I immobilized the rubber isolators.

I removed the sliders the other day and my vibration went away. I can still barely hear it at times but I can no longer feel it. Hope this helps someone else.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Bumping this up, the vibration is def getting worse and it's when the Jeep starts to labor going up hill.. RPM doesn't seem to matter too much now that Im paying attention to it..

Since engine RPM doesn't seem to matter, I might recommend taking a really close look at your u-joints and driveshafts for play. If you are still running factory shafts, your front driveshaft will have one along with two in the front axle. Pick a driveshaft and try to move it up and down with some body weight. There should be no movement or play.

Good luck!

Top Bottom