Redneck Ram install!!!

rockinjk

I have just installed a Redneck Ram hydo assist, now when i start the Jeep it on its own turns to the right!!?? Anyone else have this happen??

Beafire

You have an air lock in the ram. Jack the jeep up so the tires are off the ground. with the key on and the engine off and turn it left all the way and right all the way at least ten times. Check fluid to see if it foamy if so let it set until until its not foamy and then do the turns again. Mine took a several cycles to get all the air out.

rockinjk

Redneck ram

You have an air lock in the ram. Jack the jeep up so the tires are off the ground. with the key on and the engine off and turn it left all the way and right all the way at least ten times. Check fluid to see if it foamy if so let it set until until its not foamy and then do the turns again. Mine took a several cycles to get all the air out.

Im a Jeep steering suspension tech. I have a vac unit that I hook up to get air locks out. Ive done that twice, I called west texas off road and they told me that they have heard of this but no fix from what they have heard.

Beafire

Then it must be your steering box. It was drilled wrong allowing fluid to flow into the ram. Sounds like you will need a new steering box.

rockinjk

Redneck ram

Then it must be your steering box. It was drilled wrong allowing fluid to flow into the ram. Sounds like you will need a new steering box.

I finaly got ahold of them and they said one of them may have been drilled incorectly. THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!!

Beafire

curious of this as well, also if it is working, how happy are you with the system?

I am running a ram assisted setup on my Tj and i think for the money it is one of the best upgrade that you can make on a big tire jeep. To set it up correctly you need to dump the y design stock steering linkage. I went with offroadonly.com cross over design. I no longer have steering wheel jerk driving through rough terrain and when I want to turn I can turn with out fighting the steering wheel. One of the draw back to ram assisted steering is when you make a turn you have to turn the wheel back to center to go straight. You can't just let the steering wheel side in your hands back to center. Hope this helps you, good luck!

P33J_JK

I am surprised RNR could screw this up. They have been around for a long time and have probably done a thousand JKs if not more. I hope the OP updates this so we know what the story is.

Top Bottom