factory front drive shaft

JK1

So a while back i tore the front drive shaft boot and as of now i plan on ordering a Adams 1310 solid u joint front drive shaft... my question is I think i can get the factory one repaired for $100 or replaced because of a extra warranty but is it worth it??? is a factory front drive shaft worth saving and if i fix it is it worth anything if i sell it??

thanks
matt

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You cannot repair a factory drive shaft and even if you replace it, you'll just tear it again the first time you go wheeling.

JK1

You cannot repair a factory drive shaft and even if you replace it, you'll just tear it again the first time you go wheeling.

i was thinking more along the lines of selling it after they replace it.. i guess i wasnt clear on that i'm definently replacing it for a after market one i just didnt know if it was worth fixing first.... time, $100 deductable, trips to the dealer ship..ect...

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
People sell them for like $100 on Craigslist but people on here just give them away normally. So no probably not worth it.

Rottenbelly

The accordion boot in the centers not to big a deal. My rear has been torn for over a year. I spray some lube in every so often.
If the ends get torn they usually don't last too long.
I went thru 3 fronts real quick before I upgraded.
DSC_0671.jpg

Top Bottom