A.A. Rubicrawl Doubler

Is anyone running advanced adapters doubler for the JK? I'm looking at getting one and want to get some pros and cons to the add on doubler. I am a non rubicon JKU so I was hoping this would give me that low crawl ratio I don't have and a few other abilities that come with the doubler. Please help, thank you

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you have a Sport or Sahara and an automatic, it's really nice to have. We ran one on Vengeance and loved it. I would highly recommend it as an alternative to getting a new Rubicon transfer case... maybe even a better way to go.

Where would one go to find a used rubi t case though? I'm open to either route as long as I'm improving my low range gearing cause with an x model and an auto my low is not really impressive
And WOL you stated it might even be a better way to go.... Can u give a little explanation as to why you would recommend the doubler vs. a rubi t case? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Metal Junkie

We have been running the first Rubicrawler ever built up to the stock non-Rubicon t-case since the Rubicrawler came out in our 2007 JK. It has worked awesome. Having the option to either use 2.72:1 or 7.40:1 low range has its advantages. It all depends on what type of wheeling you plan on doing. The 7.40:1 can sometimes be too low. Especially with 5:13 ring and pinions. I don't think you could go wrong either way. If you decide to go with a 4.0:1 Rubicon t-case you could always add a Rubicrawler later which would give you 2.72, 4.0:1, and 10.88:1.

Metal Junkie

I would recommend the 3.8 or the 4.3. Or maybe even consider a 4 speed. If you feel your 4.1 is to low now then I would go with the 3.8. Having the option to do a front dig is a big advantage over the stock t-case. We just installed a 3.8 Atlas 2 speed with a Rubicrawler in our 2007 JK and it works very well.
If you were closer I would say come on by and go for a test drive.

We have been running the first Rubicrawler ever built up to the stock non-Rubicon t-case since the Rubicrawler came out in our 2007 JK. It has worked awesome. Having the option to either use 2.72:1 or 7.40:1 low range has its advantages. It all depends on what type of wheeling you plan on doing. The 7.40:1 can sometimes be too low. Especially with 5:13 ring and pinions. I don't think you could go wrong either way. If you decide to go with a 4.0:1 Rubicon t-case you could always add a Rubicrawler later which would give you 2.72, 4.0:1, and 10.88:1.

so im upgrading to 37's with 4.88 gears and a posi rear. would it be better to get the rubicrawler then later upgrade the t case to an atlas and have the rubicrawl paired with an atlas 2 speed? this is not a trailered jeep, i drive to and from the trails and occasionally around town, if that makes a difference in my setup...

rtguy1

the only additional gear you will get is 7.4 and it will be LOW and u prob wont get much use of it. i like these coupled to rubi t-cases since it gives you 1:1, 2.72:1, 4:1, and the crazy low 10.88:1. i've seen t-cases as low as 1k. it'll bolt right up too. too bad these (or the atlas 4 speed)dont work with the new auto trans...... if u are in it for the long haul, u can get an atlas 4spd for around 3k. it is the sickest option as well, especially when you see those twin sticks

rtguy1

RRRRRR (Hijack sound :) )

So is there any hope for 2012+ 6 speed JK's ? Besides a Rubi case.

Atlas 2 speed or atlas 4spd work with the 2012 manual trans. No rubicrawler though. The atlas 2spd works with the '12 auto but no 4spd or rubicrawler.

Hope this helps

Top Bottom