$400 to spend

desertrunner

so i got a free $400 in amazon credit to spend, trying to figure out what i should get
some of the stuff i was thinking about were
floor mats
CAI or snorkel (i did just hydrolock my engine with a home made CAI so im a little sketch on building another one also mostly a driving error on my part and thank god my insurance covered me for a new engine)
super chips flashpaq
truck lite HIDs
upgrade my sub
more RI LEDs
there are just so many things i would want to put on it but dont know which to choose
i am kinda leaning towards a new CAI or the flashpaq but not sure if either are worth the money
does anyone think any of my ideas are worth buying or any other ideas out there that i might not have thought of in the $400 range?

Last edited:

desertrunner

Compressor, need air for tires when u air down.

the only thing im thinking about that is the amount of times i air down for trails i can just fill up at a gas station for a few bucks and be good it is my DD and while i would love to have the compressor to fill my tires after a trail im thinking i can get more use out of my money right now

desertrunner

how far would the $400 get me as far as a sound system upgrade? (with me doing the install)
I'm assuming not much but maybe enough for an amp and bigger sub?

Last edited:

RedFox

Then I would go with flashpaq. Since you say it's a DD, I would opt for something that will give me a return on investment. The flashpaq helped my mpgs, not by a lot but enough for me to notice, and the biggest improvement was the better shift points. Also, it will correct the speedo

RedFox

Also, people on the forum are always selling them for about 200$. That will leave you with another 200$ in your pocket. People sell em when they do a hemi swap, as the flashpaq only works with stock engine

desertrunner

Being that it is my DD I kinda want to spend it on something that I will notice everyday
I have a 6 speed so the shift points thing isn't relevant but a correct Speedo would be nice
What else would I get from the flashpaq besides correct Speedo and slightly improved mpg?

Sent from my HTC One X using WAYALIFE mobile app

PurpleHayes519

$400 will get you quite a bit in terms of sound system upgrades on amazon. I'm very new to the whole aftermarket sound system world, but based on some reviews I've read the sub I just bought is perfect for Jeeps because of it's compact design. When I'm on my computer tomorrow I'll post a link to the one I'm talking about, if I remember correctly it was roughly $130. (10" I wasn't looking for a thumping bass just something to improve sound quality.)

flotto

Being that it is my DD I kinda want to spend it on something that I will notice everyday
I have a 6 speed so the shift points thing isn't relevant but a correct Speedo would be nice
What else would I get from the flashpaq besides correct Speedo and slightly improved mpg?

Sent from my HTC One X using WAYALIFE mobile app

get the aev procal $100 and it'll fix your speedo

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You said you wanted the flashpaq then someone said get that and you said its a DD and want something you will notice. Also the same thing for the compressor. You are talking yourself out of things you want. :crazyeyes:

But if I had $400 to spend and didn't already have them, I would do truck-lites as Eddie said.

MTG

Caught the Bug
On your list: trucklites
Not on your list: stickers. Lots of stickers. You'll notice those everyday. :thumb:

desertrunner

You said you wanted the flashpaq then someone said get that and you said its a DD and want something you will notice. Also the same thing for the compressor. You are talking yourself out of things you want. :crazyeyes:

But if I had $400 to spend and didn't already have them, I would do truck-lites as Eddie said.

i know im talking myself in circles but in classic jeep fashion i just want all of those things so its hard to choose just one haha (first world problems :cheesy:)

StrizzyChris

Just like you said...its being talked around in circles. If you are wanting something that is completely daily driver creature comforts related that you will feel and see a difference every day, I would do something for the interior or to make the driving experience better. Mentioned above are headlights. Never heard one person say anything bad about the trucklights except the cost. I know paychex just tossed in some $30~ bulb upgrades from walmart(and you can get those on amazon) and he said they are a ton better than stock.

If its just parts(and Im saying this because it is on my list) I would look at recovery gear, trail spare parts/repair tools etc. I hate spending money on non-daily use stuff so a gift cert is always nice to blow on that stuff. Thats just my opinion....and you know what they say about opinions ;)

Briguy114

I know that Jeepswag was doing a sale on bolt up OBA systems for something around $200. Not sure if that's still going on, but it may be something you want to check out

dahreno

Banned
If you can't decide , don't . Just put it the bank and save it till you find something you really need . mean while you can add to it and call it the Jeep fund .

Top Bottom