johnny joints

bl17z90

If I were to upgrade my front lower control arms to synergy, currie, evo or any of the companies that put the Johnny joints in the arms would that allow more flex or do I need to do the uppers too?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
They would just provide less bind but your other arms would still offer up enough to go around. If you really want more bind free flex, you would need to do all your arms. Having said that, your flex will still be limited to the length of your shocks. If you don't have a whole lot of lift and or long enough shocks, it won't make a difference what joints you have.

bl17z90

Ok cool, I was only asking about the front because I was thinking of starting up front (to get my geometry angles all fixed up) and then doing the back at a later date.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok cool, I was only asking about the front because I was thinking of starting up front (to get my geometry angles all fixed up) and then doing the back at a later date.

If you're wanting to add more positive caster, you should still do it but, with just 2.5" of lift, your limiting factor in flex will not be your joints but rather, your shock length.

bl17z90

Can i put shocks on from a 3 inch lift that would give me more travel without causing problems for on the road ride.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Can i put shocks on from a 3 inch lift that would give me more travel without causing problems for on the road ride.

If you install shocks that are longer than is intended for the amount of lift you have, you will most likely bottom them out and that'll cause them to fail prematurely.

Top Bottom