Dynomax Competition Exhaust Question

mrmet1983

i have a 2013 JKUR and i recently bought a dynomax comp exhaust and let start off by saying i absolutely love it. Having said that , i have noticed that my auto tranny seems to be shifting a little different since i installed it. I am completely stock minus bumper and winch for most part, my question is has anyone else felt like the tranny shifts different and or has anyone used the flashcal with this exhaust and if so did it help the shit points in 2WD. Thanks guys

it also could just be me since now i can finally actually hear my engine ,before the exhaust i could never hear it as it shifted now its just noticeable

Last edited:

StrizzyChris

I didnt notice anything except when on a high rpm take off or acceleration when it shifts to third or fourth it gives a little fart/suction from the back pressure that sounds pathetic.

MTG

Caught the Bug
i have a 2013 JKUR and i recently bought a dynomax comp exhaust and let start off by saying i absolutely love it. Having said that , i have noticed that my auto tranny seems to be shifting a little different since i installed it. I am completely stock minus bumper and winch for most part, my question is has anyone else felt like the tranny shifts different and or has anyone used the flashcal with this exhaust and if so did it help the shit points in 2WD. Thanks guys

it also could just be me since now i can finally actually hear my engine ,before the exhaust i could never hear it as it shifted now its just noticeable

First, the shift points are not driven by back pressure so it shouldn't affect how your jeep shifts. Second, I was worried about the same thing for a while with mine after I installed it. I think you hit it on the head in that you are now actually hearing your exhaust. For me, I seemed like it wasn't shifting soon enough...i.e. revving too high before shifting. I'm used to it now. Maybe others will chime in with their experience.

mrmet1983

haha i thought it was just a queef :cheesy: thanks a lot for the input guys just being over cautious i guess but like my pappy always said better safe than sorry :doh: on a side note anyone else find themselves shifting into neutral under an overpass just to scare the shit out of some yuppy in a prius :brows:

mrmet1983

First, the shift points are not driven by back pressure so it shouldn't affect how your jeep shifts. Second, I was worried about the same thing for a while with mine after I installed it. I think you hit it on the head in that you are now actually hearing your exhaust. For me, I seemed like it wasn't shifting soon enough...i.e. revving too high before shifting. I'm used to it now. Maybe others will chime in with their experience.

thats exactly how i felt and than sometimes when im cruising around 40 mph it wud feel like a loss of power but im also getting used to a automatic have been driving a manual tranny for the last 10 years

mrmet1983

once again thanks for your input this is why i love this forum!! ask a ? and you get 5 answers in 30 min :rock:

munstie

Running the rockcrawler, and I think it's just the fact that you can hear the engine now, I'm running the flash cal as well.

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

sean.m.adams33

Running a Magnaflow on mine. Went throught the same situation. Just used to it now. Not really anything to be worried about IMO.

Skid_Kid

Mine also has the nice queef if I get on it. Sometimes it does not seem to shift soon enough. I love it though.

Top Bottom