EVO NoLimits Manual Rubicon Swaybar Disconnect

07rub

hey guys and gals

i was just wondering if any one as installed the motor delete rubi swaybar disconnect, my wife just got it for me for my bday along with a aev bb, so is the sway bar motor delete hard to change/install

thanks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
hey guys and gals

i was just wondering if any one as installed the motor delete rubi swaybar disconnect, my wife just got it for me for my bday along with a aev bb, so is the sway bar motor delete hard to change/install

thanks

honestly, it's super easy to do. unplug the harness, remove the 3 bolts securing the electric motor to the disconnect gear and then install the evo no limits. :yup:

07rub

awesome the harness is already off since the motor is fried lol i just hope i wont have problem with the lift lol

07rub

ok so im about to install it this, and the motor is out and ready to put it the evo plate but i dont understand where the washer goes and the instruction are not that clear

kaptkrappy

ok so im about to install it this, and the motor is out and ready to put it the evo plate but i dont understand where the washer goes and the instruction are not that clear

I have no idea. If no one on here can help, wait a couple hours (california time) and give them a call. :thinking:

07rub

yeah i might have too cuz i tried a few things and it doesn't work, but there was alot of mud inside so i dont know if its kinda sized or something

Yeti-09

First clean all that mud out of there!! Second the wash just sets in the middle- looks like an inverted nipple on the sway bar. That's where the rod on the EVO no Limits pushes in. Don't know why they just didn't make the rod 1/16" longer but ok.. Or I could be totally wrong!! But that's where I put my washer lol and it works fine. :beer:

Hightower

I like the ability with the electric stock disconnect to turn it on and off on the trail has anyone rigged the EVO disconnect to have the same capability?

MTG

Caught the Bug
clarsen said:
I like the ability with the electric stock disconnect to turn it on and off on the trail has anyone rigged the EVO disconnect to have the same capability?

I think you have to manually turn the dial on the EVO unit. But if you pay me enough next time we are wheeling together I'll hop out and give that dial a spin for ya'! :cheesy:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

not possible as it replaces the electric motor. like you, i love my e-disco but, when ours finally died on moby, i just installed one of these as it was way cheaper than buying a new unit and really, it works a lot easier than disconnecting the links the old fashion way.

Hightower

MTG said:
I think you have to manually turn the dial on the EVO unit. But if you pay me enough next time we are wheeling together I'll hop out and give that dial a spin for ya'! :cheesy:

Lol....... I thought maybe you do it out of brotherly love.

Hightower

wayoflife said:
not possible as it replaces the electric motor. like you, i love my e-disco but, when ours finally died on moby, i just installed one of these as it was way cheaper than buying a new unit and really, it works a lot easier than disconnecting the links the old fashion way.

Thanks Eddie that's what i thought but it looks like MTG is going to do it for me anyways....Lol

MTG

Caught the Bug
clarsen said:
Lol....... I thought maybe you do it out of brotherly love.

Sure I'll do it for brotherly love.*

I got your back!

*and a small "nominal" fee at a rate determined in my sole discretion. :)

07rub

So turns out that the reason me disco wasn't working was mud found its way into the gears section of the sway bar so i cleaned it and its working well i will upload the pics of the gears when i get the chance

JEEPnGEO

Hello all,

I have a question about the harness. If I go the manual route and secure the harness will I get a dash light come on or something? I would like to know what other people do with the end of their connectors? If you wrap it up in a plastic bag and use electric tape wont the ends corrode? Just wondering. I wouldn't mind going manual because if I want to go faster I don't want the computer reconnecting then flashing the dash light at me etc...

Also just performed a 4 inch lift and need the sway bar ends. Since it looks like everyone likes to keep the factory Rubi setup and I guess it is still functional with bigger wheels, tires, lifts etc I will just replace the ends. Can I hear from people about the good and bad experiences they had with different manufacturers. I would still like a semi stiff anti roll when in use. I don't mind bobbling back and forth when I am jeepin'.

Thanks

GCM 2

Hello all,

I have a question about the harness. If I go the manual route and secure the harness will I get a dash light come on or something? I would like to know what other people do with the end of their connectors? If you wrap it up in a plastic bag and use electric tape wont the ends corrode? Just wondering. I wouldn't mind going manual because if I want to go faster I don't want the computer reconnecting then flashing the dash light at me etc...

Also just performed a 4 inch lift and need the sway bar ends. Since it looks like everyone likes to keep the factory Rubi setup and I guess it is still functional with bigger wheels, tires, lifts etc I will just replace the ends. Can I hear from people about the good and bad experiences they had with different manufacturers. I would still like a semi stiff anti roll when in use. I don't mind bobbling back and forth when I am jeepin'.

Thanks

To remove the dash light, you will need something like the AEV flashcal to eliminate the code that throws it. As for the stock sway Rubicon swaybar, it's actually really good. It provides the on-road control needed when connected and when disconnected, either by E-disco or the EVO manual swy bar disconnect, it provides unlimited articulation for off road. There really is another aftermarket sway bar that has this kind of selectable performance.

Raceplayhavefun

I've successfully converted an e disconnect sway bar to an air disconnect. No more electronics but can still disconnect on the fly via a dash switch.

Top Bottom