Teraflex 4" Long Arm

mrmet1983

nice its looking good let us know how that TF lift holds up it looks like a nice kit for a good price

Kneece

It looks like you have had this kit about a year now. Are you happy with it; would you recommend this product?

I love it. The only thing I would do different is, I wouldn't have spent $1000 on the bump stops. I don't need them.

Sent by Pony Express

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
I love it. The only thing I would do different is, I wouldn't have spent $1000 on the bump stops. I don't need them.

Sent by Pony Express

Awesome!
Whats wrong with the Bump Stops? i thought that was one of their better products that can be purchased with a lift?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Foam in a can? Serious?

:cheesy: How'd I know you'd post on this thread?

But seriously, Overlander is right, they literally are just foam stuffed into a can. I ran them and like the OP, didn't care for them at all. I wouldn't waste your money on them.

Kneece

Awesome!
Whats wrong with the Bump Stops? i thought that was one of their better products that can be purchased with a lift?

They look cool. But any bump stop is not worth the money unless you are haulin ass across some massive whoops.

Sent by Pony Express

Kneece

:cheesy: How'd I know you'd post on this thread?

But seriously, Overlander is right, they literally are just foam stuffed into a can. I ran them and like the OP, didn't care for them at all. I wouldn't waste your money on them.

I certainly agree.

Sent by Pony Express

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
They look cool. But any bump stop is not worth the money unless you are haulin ass across some massive whoops.

Sent by Pony Express

While this is true, I've done it with the Speed Bumps installed on my old 09 JK and can tell you first hand that I wouldn't recommend it - They are far from a "real" air bump.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
That's fucking awesome. Never seen that one.

Well this is defensively very helpful to know! thanks guys!

Back to the Long arm kit though; I have heard of some failures (not many) with the weld on brackets. what usually causes these? a bad weld, no taking time on the prep for a weld, or to wheeling to hard that the brackets cant handle it, ect?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Well this is defensively very helpful to know! thanks guys!

Back to the Long arm kit though; I have heard of some failures (not many) with the weld on brackets. what usually causes these? a bad weld, no taking time on the prep for a weld, or to wheeling to hard that the brackets cant handle it, ect?

How exactly does one wheel 'too hard'? I've never understood when companies say that. The bracket itself fails because of poor design. Not to mention the flex joints they use won't be able to handle big flex without blowing out.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
How exactly does one wheel 'too hard'? I've never understood when companies say that. The bracket itself fails because of poor design. Not to mention the flex joints they use won't be able to handle big flex without blowing out.

Good Point on the Wheeling too hard, that really doesn't makes sense.
Well if its the design thats a bummer. would a bolt on kit over weld on at that point be a better route? easier to replace if they fail or maybe stronger?

Top Bottom