Go Pro 3 or Cannon T3i

JK1

if you had to choose between the 2 which would you have for your next trip assuming you have neither... I know they are completely different and the Cannon is more but which of the two would you perfer to have and why.....

Just trying to decide before our trip to colorado

thanks
:beer:

crowrb29

I would bring the t3i especially for landscape shots. Its a pretty spectacular camera. Shooting stills with the go pro, even with the black edition, can be a little lackluster. The Rebel has done everything we have ever needed it to. Beautiful pictures

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i love my Go Pro hero 3 silver edition! its pretty sweet. i take a lot of photos with my phone since i mainly am usuing the go pro for strictly video.

in my opinion i would say you cant go wrong with either one (i know this doesnt help sorry) it just depends on what type of shots your looking to capture.

Hock Edition

well im using the gopro 3 black edition over here in afghanistan and love this camera. the video quality is amazing and with the software it comes with you can do anything you want to edit your video or photos.

Atch

The gopro is sweet when it works! Everyone that I know including myself have had an issue since owning them. You need to constantly update the software and the battery life is garbage. I have since bought an external charger and 2 spare batteries so I can go film throughout the entire day.

seanb123

Go pro had mine for years had the hero one now still using the hero2 it's a great camera if your into other things like skiing and what not it's a great camera and it's great to have on the outside of the jeep when wheeling

EOD-JKU

I currently have the T4i so i can't exactly speak for either one but will throw in my quick opinion. I can't speak highly enough for the quality and ease of the T4i for somebody who has never used a camera not on their cell phone. I opened it up and instantly took photos that blow away anything I though I would ever take. The camera is well built and also takes very good quality video. There are however a few drawbacks for how I tend to pack for traveling and for work. The camera is large and you will probably end up owning at least two lenses, meaning you will have to wing it for shot that you have no time to set up for. I guess that really is the only downside I have with it. I feel everything has to be staged, with the size of it you can't just carry it in your pocket, your going to have to know your going to need it.

JK1

I currently have the T4i so i can't exactly speak for either one but will throw in my quick opinion. I can't speak highly enough for the quality and ease of the T4i for somebody who has never used a camera not on their cell phone. I opened it up and instantly took photos that blow away anything I though I would ever take. The camera is well built and also takes very good quality video. There are however a few drawbacks for how I tend to pack for traveling and for work. The camera is large and you will probably end up owning at least two lenses, meaning you will have to wing it for shot that you have no time to set up for. I guess that really is the only downside I have with it. I feel everything has to be staged, with the size of it you can't just carry it in your pocket, your going to have to know your going to need it.

true but on the trails in colorado it would pry be out all the time and my wife is going so she will kinda be in charge of it and for those quick shots she has a G3 phone so i think those pics are covered... I used a friends go-pro last year and it worked great just didnt care for the still pic quality but it wasnt the new one either.. I know a coulpe guys will have their go pro's on the trip and afterwards we all share videos and pictures anyway.. but for long term i'm just wondering in day to day living if the go pro will sit on the shelf till the next trip where the T3i or T4i would get used weekly.. guess i just dont want to dump $1000+ on both and may have just answered my own question lol

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
true but on the trails in colorado it would pry be out all the time and my wife is going so she will kinda be in charge of it and for those quick shots she has a G3 phone so i think those pics are covered... I used a friends go-pro last year and it worked great just didnt care for the still pic quality but it wasnt the new one either.. I know a coulpe guys will have their go pro's on the trip and afterwards we all share videos and pictures anyway.. but for long term i'm just wondering in day to day living if the go pro will sit on the shelf till the next trip where the T3i or T4i would get used weekly.. guess i just dont want to dump $1000+ on both and may have just answered my own question lol

like Seanb123 said you can use it for more than just wheeling which is awesome. i hooked it up to my Jet Ski the past few weekends and im going to try and see what i can make with that. also water skiing last weekend. i just strapped it to my head and off i went! i did try taking some stills but they just come out a littler weird since the go pros all have a little bubble effect to them in the pics and videos.

Top Bottom