Lawless Jeep, Woburn, Mass

petsitter Kathy

Hi all
Just wanted to let people know, I took my 2008 Wrangler to a local dealer for the 5 yr mandatory (free) power train check up. I got a call from the dealer saying I needed fr diff fluid changed, at a cost of $489.00.Luckily I knew that was outrageous, also said I needed the 2 lights on front fenders ( I am not sure what they are called) at a fee of $48 for 2. I was livid and said just do what warranty covers. Oh yes, they also said I needed fr brakes at $ 800.
Well, the had to install a water pump ( no charge) and rear diff seals also no charge, so I know they were trying to get some money back from me. I just bought the 2 mini lamps at a parts store and put in myself , it cost $1.25. The brakes I had done at my mechanic for $600.
I just want to warn people in Mass, don't go to Lawless Jeep in Woburn for service. I know they figured I was just a woman and thought they could pull a fast one.
I wrote to Chrysler, they didn't care at all.

Rivertoys

I got a call from the dealer saying I needed fr diff fluid changed, at a cost of $489.00.

WOW, if that's correct, it's straight up criminal. That is less work, less oil, and less parts than an engine oil change, and you would do both, not just the front.

BlackKnight

Oil = Gold, don't ya know...

Diff change is 2 bolts (one at the botom for the drain, one about mid way up the back for the fill). and some oil which if done yourself can be much better oil than the cheesy dealer would use...

Sounds like they were looking to rape you. good catch, thanks for the warning as they are local to me.. Looks like I'll go to Natick, Acton or Portsmouth NH for my Jeep...

Last edited:

cluelessJK

They should be put in prison for that BS... Just trying to grease there own pockets just due to stereotyping. Pathetic.

seanb123

Good thing you knew to avoid dealer fees I go their for the oil change for 20$ and deny their suggestions and maintain the jeep myself. But also you got taken pretty good for brakes. At most should have been no more than300 for all 4 corners brakes and if you did it your self could have saved cash.

Rivertoys

Diff change is 2 bolts (one at the botom for the drain, one about mid way up the back for the fill). and some oil which if done yourself can be much better oil than the cheesy dealer would use...

Yeah, I said less parts, meaning no filter. Should have just said no parts! lol...

She should try to get them to email her the list of what she needs, and what it will cost. I doubt they would, but if they did, I'd forward it to Chrysler Corp.

mrmet1983

Dealers are a joke my buddy works at a Honda dealer and they charge labor rate of 149/hr and he gets paid 17.50/hr if that doesn't tell you all you need to know about a dealer I don't know what would

Sent from my JK

billybob990

You had your brakes changed at your mechanic for $600!!!!!!! I charge like $50 for front and $65
For back... I'm not a garage but do it on the side. Brakes are extremely easy.
olllllllo

Sudz

You had your brakes changed at your mechanic for $600!!!!!!! I charge like $50 for front and $65
For back... I'm not a garage but do it on the side. Brakes are extremely easy.
olllllllo
more folks would do their own brakes if they realized how easy it is. 600 is a little steep :doh:

White_JKU

$600.00 is highway robbery.

I have done jeep brakes... replaced rotors and all for less than 150.00 ...thats with NEW ROTORS at the parts store.

Top Bottom